IGNORED

Cranksgiving

Cafeend

1 hour ago, Cafeend said:

I was thinking that this year has flown by and then remembered I had not heard mention of Cranksgiving 

It is going on this yr and it is discreetly posted under the Events section here.

Good cause-Good times 

I might go if we get back in town on Fri instead of Sat. It looks like you can register at the event, which is good for folks like me who may or may not even be in town. 

Trail is already perfect.  Was out there Sat finishing up the trail markings.  Highs in the mid 70s for sat is going to make for a fun Event.  The event route is ~9.5mi.  Onsite Registration is available.  Just like the PaceBend race we will accept CC, cash, checks and Tap!   Sorry we can't accept any trades, especially any Goats or Fish tanks!

Volunteers are also needed for the event.  Sign up for a 4 Hour shift and then ride a couple of laps. 

• Like 2

Network problems at work that I've been battling for some time now will most likely have me working on Cranksgiving Day as the long weekend lends itself to giving me a wide window of opportunity to bring systems down without interrupting everybody else during a workday.

Because of this I haven't been able to throw my hat in the ring for volunteering or attending this year.

It will be a last minute thing if I make it at all.

On 11/20/2018 at 12:42 PM, Yosmithy said:

I wished I had paid closer attention to this, would have liked to attend this event.

It's always the Saturday after Turkey Day!  Put it on next year's calendar. 

On 11/20/2018 at 1:50 PM, WhoAmI said:

Debbie and I are volunteering again this year to lead a volunteer trail work station.

Pretty sure I know who you are, WhoAmI!  Looking forward to seeing you there.

Edited by June Bug
  • Like 1

Note to everyone doing cranksgiving. Whoever is planning on signage needs to step it up. Sometimes arrows, sometimes none, and in the case of top of well worth it - one arrow pointing each direction. Not sure what trail work is going to be done as trail was perfect. Only things I saw are some face slappers in RGOG and about 100 yards past it.

Also note, after going thru the gate you CANNOT turn right at the normal intersection. I scouted it out to find out why, but no idea. You will have to go straight and all the way around the loop to get to the campground.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Shinerider said:

Note to everyone doing cranksgiving. Whoever is planning on signage needs to step it up. Sometimes arrows, sometimes none, and in the case of top of well worth it - one arrow pointing each direction. Not sure what trail work is going to be done as trail was perfect. Only things I saw are some face slappers in RGOG and about 100 yards past it.

Also note, after going thru the gate you CANNOT turn right at the normal intersection. I scouted it out to find out why, but no idea. You will have to go straight and all the way around the loop to get to the campground.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

They have a broken water main and had to close off that portion of the roadway loop.

5 hours ago, Shinerider said:

Whoever is planning on signage needs to step it up. Sometimes arrows, sometimes none, and in the case of top of well worth it - one arrow pointing each direction. Not sure what trail work is going to be done as trail was perfect. Only things I saw are some face slappers in RGOG and about 100 yards past it.

HMMM. Two of us marked most of the trail. At the top of Well Worth It we pointed arrows across the jeep road and then one on the other side as confirmation. We may need to ride the trail just before to make sure there have not been some "tampering".

Trail work is trimming face slappers and draining/filling mud pits on the trail. Pretty minor overall but important to open the trail quickly after a rain.

14 hours ago, cxagent said:

HMMM. Two of us marked most of the trail. At the top of Well Worth It we pointed arrows across the jeep road and then one on the other side as confirmation. We may need to ride the trail just before to make sure there have not been some "tampering".

Trail work is trimming face slappers and draining/filling mud pits on the trail. Pretty minor overall but important to open the trail quickly after a rain.

Like the time I was the RD for the TMBRA race and someone changed the arrows at RGOG to create an endless loop through the rock garden...  

It was indeed awesome in every way!  151 number plates were issued, so great turn out. Took a few minutes very early on to get sorted out with the Parks people that they needed to move barricades at Mud Cove so people could have a place to park. 

Huge shout out to Jeff who did all things food related.  I liked how people could eat from early afternoon on, instead of doing a big feed at the end.  Tamales, pork or chicken tacos with fixins, with an option for veggie burgers.  The snack table had lots of tasty goodies, the weather was perfect (light cloud cover and very little breeze) and the participants were happy!  

• Like 4