IGNORED

Spider Mountain

Schrute

Who's doing the enduro out there in September?

Also the chair and bike lifts are on site now. Looks similar to what Angel Fire has....?

Also I see the race/events section now but I figure this thread can just be about Spider Mountain in general.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Was out there Sunday and rode the blues and did some trail work. That was amazing and out and out fun stuff. Exciting to hear of the owners intentions and if that all comes to pass , it will be for sure be a cool place.  

The green trail there will be alot of fun for those who wont run blue or black trails. There are ways to mix and match these as well for some interesting combos. My Boy Kid will like the green but likely kick my ass on the blue. 

Anyways,,cool place and a lot of blood sweat and tears have been pored into the trails so far out there by a ton of guys and volunteers. 

2 hours ago, 4fun said:

I’ll be there for the race! I may be walking parts of that black trail though depending on what it looks like in it’s finished product! I helped dig parts of it and walking down parts were a challenge!

Walking down a couple of those sections with tools was tough.

• Sad 1

Owners built the green and blue.  We (Trail Party ) are building two blacks....they're gonna be dope as hell.  It has taken a ton of fantastic volunteer support to get this far.  Anyone who wants a preview can show up to dig day.  4 hrs trail work gets you shuttles.  

The race is gonna sell out.  Don't dick around.

Everyone wants to know about the lift.  Parts are on-site.  There is no firm completion date at this time.  Hang in there.  Gonna be worth it!

• Like 2

Team Trail Party posted the following this morning

The next build session will be the weekend of 9/8. We will be unable to get on the hill due to some heavy utilities work this weekend.

Usually, they meet at the Walgreens in Burnet, roll out of there at 7:30.  Don't be late or you might get left.  

subject to change, etc   

• 3 months later...

Hey everyone, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is not a joke- 

Spider Mountain
Onsite source said. LCRA showed up and construction on lift has been shut down. Sources say that they will most likely postpone the opening of Dec 21st. Would be good idea to confirm opening date before making travel plans.

Side note- I am working with a few people to come up with alternative solutions for opening day for the riders in our community.

59 minutes ago, Seths Pool said:

Hey everyone, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this is not a joke- 

Spider Mountain
Onsite source said. LCRA showed up and construction on lift has been shut down. Sources say that they will most likely postpone the opening of Dec 21st. Would be good idea to confirm opening date before making travel plans.

Side note- I am working with a few people to come up with alternative solutions for opening day for the riders in our community.

I guess someone forgot to pull the correct permits or grease the right palms...

Wondering if the LCRA problem has been solved. I am pretty sure there is no building permit required in that area. The only two things I can think LCRA would complain about are 1) they think it is a power line or 2) it crossed an LCRA easement. I would think anybody putting that much money into the project would have already covered both of those issues.

OK - one more issue. If the LCRA did not think they had capacity to supply all the electrical power needed. Spider Mountain could install their own motor generator sets. Could be done but it would cost a lot of money.

Edited by cxagent

8 hours ago, cxagent said:

Wondering if the LCRA problem has been solved. I am pretty sure there is no building permit required in that area. The only two things I can think LCRA would complain about are 1) they think it is a power line or 2) it crossed an LCRA easement. I would think anybody putting that much money into the project would have already covered both of those issues.

OK - one more issue. If the LCRA did not think they had capacity to supply all the electrical power needed. Spider Mountain could install their own motor generator sets. Could be done but it would cost a lot of money.

Kinda hoping there will be some Mt Lakeway-style switchbacked singletrack up that easement ...