IGNORED

Spider Mountain

Schrute

This was in the email - 

snip - "Spider Mountain Bike Park offers year-round mountain biking, featuring beginner, intermediate, and advanced trails, all accessible via a four-person chairlift ride.  The bike park features mountain bike and gear rentals, and will be open Fridays through Sundays starting Jan. 18, from 9am to 5pm, plus holidays and spring break. For additional details, visit SpiderMountain.com.

Lift tickets are $50 for adults (ages 19-59) and $45 for all others.  An introductory Spider Mountain Season Pass will be $199 for adults (ages 19-59 years) and $149 for all others, valid Jan. 19 through Apr. 30, 2019.  Power Pass holders also have mountain bike privileges at Spider Mountain in addition to skiing and snowboarding in four different states.  Power Cards and Power Packs may also be used at the bike park.

With a variety of trails for all abilities and 350 feet of vertical, Spider Mountain’s  lift-served bike park features include downhill flow trails, and technical trails with bridges, berms, jumps, and more. The bike park is designed and developed by Hogan Koesis, director of mountain biking for Mountain Capital Partners, which owns and operates Spider Mountain and six ski resorts.  Koesis has more than a decade of experience in the biking industry, designing, developing and constructing trails."

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cxagent said:

This was in the email - 

snip - "Spider Mountain Bike Park offers year-round mountain biking, featuring beginner, intermediate, and advanced trails, all accessible via a four-person chairlift ride.  The bike park features mountain bike and gear rentals, and will be open Fridays through Sundays starting Jan. 18, from 9am to 5pm, plus holidays and spring break. For additional details, visit SpiderMountain.com.

Lift tickets are $50 for adults (ages 19-59) and $45 for all others.  An introductory Spider Mountain Season Pass will be $199 for adults (ages 19-59 years) and $149 for all others, valid Jan. 19 through Apr. 30, 2019.  Power Pass holders also have mountain bike privileges at Spider Mountain in addition to skiing and snowboarding in four different states.  Power Cards and Power Packs may also be used at the bike park.

With a variety of trails for all abilities and 350 feet of vertical, Spider Mountain’s  lift-served bike park features include downhill flow trails, and technical trails with bridges, berms, jumps, and more. The bike park is designed and developed by Hogan Koesis, director of mountain biking for Mountain Capital Partners, which owns and operates Spider Mountain and six ski resorts.  Koesis has more than a decade of experience in the biking industry, designing, developing and constructing trails."

Nice to see that they'll be offering a senior's discount!!!!! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, biga9999 said:

Is that date range correct? $200 for 4 months?

Maybe that's normal, idk. 

Put another way that is the same as 4 single day passes. One day a month for four months.

Keep in mind that buying land, installing a lift, powering the lift, maintaining the whole place is expensive. And it all has to be paid with lift ticket revenue.

Just curious since I'm not a golfer - what are green fees running these days??? How does a full day on the lift compare with a game of golf?

1 hour ago, cxagent said:

Keep in mind that buying land, installing a lift, powering the lift, maintaining the whole place is expensive. And it all has to be paid with lift ticket revenue.

Just curious since I'm not a golfer - what are green fees running these days??? How does a full day on the lift compare with a game of golf?

And don't forget insurance. I'm sure that's going to be a big bite. And labor expense. And repairs. And marketing. And, well, you get the idea.

Golf green fees range from $25 to $75, more or less, in this area. And a round only takes 4 -4 1/2 hours.

Edited by The Tip

Just now, Bamwa said:

Yeah and all these others have way more trails and way more elevation. If I were them it would be $200 for the year to test ridership potential.

I wondered if it was supposed to be Jan19-Apr20 to be honest. 

Still can't wait to go back out there, but I'll be lucky to ride 4x a year, let alone once a month. 

FR512 is $90/yr. unlimited access to FR512 RHR and Cat Mtn

cat mtn has about 350-370' elevation change, and about 12-15 trails. and is in austin. just thought id throw that out there..

i already contributed hugely to spider mountain by lending A LOT of help building the existing trails there, and will be a supporter after they open, but want to see more trails there

Edited by Seths Pool
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, The Tip said:

Golf green fees range from $25 to $75, more or less, in this area. And a round only takes 4 -4 1/2 hours.

Difference for me is that I don't take myself and 3 kids golfing with me.  $200 per day to go do lift-serv is just not something that we'll do (ever...or very often).  I completely understand the economics for them, and I COMPLETELY hope they can pull it off.  But when I have to multiply my entry by a factor of 2-4 it changes things for me.

This is pretty much the same thing that happened to me in the MX world.  For me an 2 of my kids to go race MX bikes for the weekend, it would cost me $250-350.  We did that once, before I decided to ride just for fun at cheap(er) (non)events.

Later,  -CJB