IGNORED

Spider Mountain

Schrute

1 hour ago, Shinerider said:

Agree with that assessment.  Spidermountain front splash screen is the same view as thunderbird from lake overtop the resort looking at the hill.  Now it is looking like a much better investment - skiing, biking, adventure central.  And the fam can come and enjoy while I bike!

Yep... 

Just took a little bit of looking to uncover that bit of info.

The key is understanding that there might be a bit more to something than you see at first glance. Or even that you're being told.

Edited by RidingAgain

I'm intrigued by the idea of using this venue as a summer escape from my ordinary riding. During the plague of heat and humidity in the summer here, my rides get shorter and I have to take breaks when my body temp climbs too high. Frankly, those rides aren't even that enjoyable. Seems like zipping down multiple runs while cooling off in between would be a much better summer alternative, even wearing a full-face helmet and pads.    

• Like 3

I did find this on their site, hitting the alternate revenue stream angle.  https://www.spidermountain.com/
" Spider Mountain Bike Park offers a variety of trails for all abilities - with an aggressive plan to add more trails regularly. Once you've had your fill of gravity-fueled thrills, sample our lake resort amenities where you'll find lodging, camping, SUP and boat rentals at our private marina and more. "
After zooming in on GoogleMaps Satellite view I found a link to a resort with the same address as Spider Mountain website references. Thunderbird may be what they purchased, and the resort site provides some additional info on amenities that may be a part of the overall plan. If so, I'll say that their business plan may offer more elements than are shown on the SM website so far. It seems to be better thought out than the impression the SM site paints. EDIT: Same link is on the SM site as "LODGING" at the top of each page.
http://www.thunderbirdvacation.com/

This is correct, my understanding is they own all of it and Thunderbird is their lodging option. The people that run the lodge are super nice and were very accommodating when we were there for The Race Down Spider Mountain. It also backs right up to the water, so yes you could go for a dip.

Sent from my CMR-W09 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Kobra Kai MTB Guy said:

How does one ignore someone on here?  I tried but couldn't figure it out.

I'm a tolerant person.   I have three boys and two of them are teenagers so I don't have a choice.  However, I'm tired of the constant online bickering between a few people and I was forced to learn how to use the ignore feature.  It was that or lose this forum as an outlet to discuss something I enjoy with people who also enjoy it.  If we were forced to actually all sit down at a bar and talk about bikes face to face, I think that none of this crap would be happening.  That or the two involved would walk outside, punch each other in the face, and then come back in and share a pitcher.

• Like 3

Played rugby for a few years... You learned to leave it out on the field once the match was over. And there were always the beers that had been sitting in a cooler of ice for about six hours. Coming of a field where you've been playing in 94° heat, all everyone thought about was having a couple of them.

Edited by RidingAgain

2 hours ago, Tree Magnet said:

I'm a tolerant person.   I have three boys and two of them are teenagers so I don't have a choice.  However, I'm tired of the constant online bickering between a few people and I was forced to learn how to use the ignore feature.  It was that or lose this forum as an outlet to discuss something I enjoy with people who also enjoy it.  If we were forced to actually all sit down at a bar and talk about bikes face to face, I think that none of this crap would be happening.  That or the two involved would walk outside, punch each other in the face, and then come back in and share a pitcher.

I don't know, I seem to find drama everywhere I go... I like to think of it as a talent, as it makes for good stories 😄

After seeing that ^ maybe they should bring Gravity Logic or someone similar to build trails with actual features. Not sure this grassroots design is the way to go. Corridors could be wider and more airtime humps are needed IMO but need to actually ride to see for sure.  Is the $50 day pass official? Also anyone gonna use a neck brace? I have a dusty full face already. Neck braces are like $250.

Edited by Bamwa
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Bamwa said:

After seeing that ^ maybe they should bring Gravity Logic or someone similar to build trails with actual features. Not sure this grassroots design is the way to go. Corridors could be wider and more airtime humps are needed IMO but need to actually ride to see for sure.  Is the $50 day pass official? Also anyone gonna use a neck brace? I have a dusty full face already. Neck braces are like $250.

neckbraces get much more expensive after you crash.

• Like 3