IGNORED

Spider Mountain

Schrute

27 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

This is why I made my offer to you the other day :classic_cool:

yeah sorry for the delayed communication on that. I will get with you soon about it. let me run this by some other members of FR512 management and see what they would like to see included in the review/presentation about both locations as a whole.

I personally would love to have them included on your site!

1 hour ago, ATXZJ said:

Agree here

I did a ride there when it was still damp/wet on an XC bike, with XC tires and still was able to hit some of the features and bypass the ones my 45 y/o body had no business on. The offcamber switchbacks and punchy climbs are enough to push your skillset if youre just looking to improve basic tech and fitness, and get out of the same trails youve been riding for 20 years. The fitness level requirements are one thing that stood out to me more than the features. Bring your legs because you'll be using them to get back up that bastard. I actually saw a couple of guys from houston dry heaving at the top🤢

Overall, it was still an awesome experiece and i'm looking forward to going back.

haha you're right about that. if you want to get good and strong at climbing, go ride cat mountain on the regular. once you are truly used to that place, hardly any climbs around town seem very steep at all anymore. I dont know of anywhere else in Texas where you can rack up elevation like you can at cat mtn. its not that hard at all to climb 3k'-4k' in one day. and I've seen 5k' rides by an enduro dude form houston. id love to see how many feet of climbing a super fit XC guy could rack up in a day out there with a challenge. I almost want to make an open challenge for this now that im thinking about it!

On 12/23/2018 at 5:35 AM, AustinBike said:

Are these places "publicly available", ie. are you actively trying to recruit customers?

Let me know. I'm not talking about advertising, but neither of those places is on my site and I drive a lot of traffic from people looking for places to ride...

The city has explicitly said that cat cannot be "open to the public". Everyone who rides there is my personal friend or a friend of a friend. Also Freeride 512 has volunteered to help to patrol because of theft and other mischief on the trails. 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, crazyt said:

The city has explicitly said that cat cannot be "open to the public". Everyone who rides there is my personal friend or a friend of a friend. Also Freeride 512 has volunteered to help to patrol because of theft and other mischief on the trails. 

How does one go about being able to ride there? 

1 hour ago, crazyt said:

The point is that I can drive traffic on a regular basis to you. Posting a trail review and pictures with no location and a "contact these guys for access" link will help keep you in control. It is no different than the other places like RPR or RHR that charge you to ride, just a different arrangement. Without directions you limit the ability for someone to just show up.

I haven't looked lately but I get a few hundred people a day hitting my site, it's basically free advertising and free traffic if you want it. And anytime you are doing a membership drive or event I can put a notice up on my site. I don't charge for advertising because that would make it feel like a job and I am not vey good at jobs these days.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Seths Pool said:

first and foremost go to freeride512.com and sign a liability waiver. once that's done, contact me, and I can either show you around, or tell you where to go if you wanna explore on your own

Cool, just joined and signed waiver.  

Just now, larlev said:

Cool, just joined and signed waiver.  

awesome man welcome to the club and thank you for your support! you have unlimited access to both locations, you also get a FR512 discount at the peddler bike shop, along with other perks and benefits of membership! 

let me know if/when you would like to go to cat if you would like for me to show you around or at least give you some guidance beforehand  

1 minute ago, Seths Pool said:

awesome man welcome to the club and thank you for your support! you have unlimited access to both locations, you also get a FR512 discount at the peddler bike shop, along with other perks and benefits of membership! 

let me know if/when you would like to go to cat if you would like for me to show you around or at least give you some guidance beforehand  

Sweet

Thanks, look forward to it.

1 minute ago, Ridenfool said:

This could be a Pivotal moment for you.

lol

1 minute ago, Ridenfool said:

Maybe you could get them to reimburse the lift fee if you buy a bike. (or, do you think they might be ponying up for lift rides on their demos?)

I seriously doubt they are covering lift fees, but I bet you could talk them into covering your lift fee if you buy a bike.  🙂 

..Al

• Like 1