IGNORED

Cameron Park - Waco Trail Conditions

Albert

• 2 months later...
Looked like Waco got hardly a misting yesterday on the weather Channel, anyone close enough to check? I'm just over an hour away.... Further than I want to go if only to turn right back around. 
Weather channel was wrong. We had a massive downpour yesterday. I don't know how much but it rained the majority of yesterday.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Leafkiller said:

Weather channel was wrong. We had a massive downpour yesterday. I don't know how much but it rained the majority of yesterday.

Thanks for the reply. The biggest drag about this time of year is how it only takes a little bit of rain to close a trail and despite being sunny afterward it doesn't get warm enough to dry the trails out before another rain hits. I was pleased but surprised to see Spider Mtn finally got to pull the trigger and open. 

1 hour ago, voodoojef said:

Thanks for the reply. The biggest drag about this time of year is how it only takes a little bit of rain to close a trail and despite being sunny afterward it doesn't get warm enough to dry the trails out before another rain hits. I was pleased but surprised to see Spider Mtn finally got to pull the trigger and open. 

I know.  I set a goal for the year and I'm off to a very bad start because of this weather. The only nice days are the ones I'm working.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
How´s it looking down there? 
The trails page yesterday they looked fine. Some mud puddles on the river trail and some of the rocks are a little slippery but they said it looked good there. If you are planning tomorrow the whole area will be a nightmare. The Magnolia Marathon is tomorrow.

• Albert changed the title to Cameron Park - Waco Trail Conditions
  • 4 weeks later...
Radar looks like zero rain down there yesterday, anyone able to confirm?

If we had any it was a sprinkle. The river trail is still underwater and most of the upper ones should be fine but there will still be some muddy spots and slick rocks.

If you are on Facebook look for Cameron Park trail updates page. The guy there knows the trails very well and posts updates frequently.

• 1 year later...

The trails have been cleaned up from what I heard from all the snow. Trails were good yesterday from the reports I've seen. We haven't had any rain today so for now they should be good. I don't know about tomorrow with the forecast and all. Check Ride Cameron Park on Facebook. They tend to keep fairly up to date on the trails. I'm wanting to go riding this weekend as well, just depends on the weather.

4 hours ago, Leafkiller said:

The trails have been cleaned up from what I heard from all the snow. Trails were good yesterday from the reports I've seen. We haven't had any rain today so for now they should be good. I don't know about tomorrow with the forecast and all. Check Ride Cameron Park on Facebook. They tend to keep fairly up to date on the trails. I'm wanting to go riding this weekend as well, just depends on the weather.

Great feedback, thanks!

-CJB