IGNORED

Where to get a basic bike fit?

TrimTheFat

I just got a new road bike and I'd like to get a very basic bike fit.  One that's similar to what you would get if you bought a bike at a LBS... I don't want to invest in a retul or professional fit right now, just something basic.  Most LBS seem to push for the professional fit.  Anyone know of a good place?  

Cheers!

Mike

cleat position, saddle position, handlebar position are usually where they start with this process. but if you're getting a full fit, that might mean replacing the saddle, stem, cranks, and seatpost in the process. if you have to move the shifters, you might need to replace the bar tape if it can't be removed easily. it adds up fast, even with a "basic" fit.

Edited by mack_turtle
  • Like 1

Mike, what part of town do you live in?  I live in N Austin near WC park.  I owned a bike shop and was a custom frame builder for 6 yrs.  I could do a basic road bike fit for you.  With 3 kids, a new job and my own riding schedule, we'd just need to find a convenient time.

Hit me up.
-Cody
512-694-1319

• Thanks 1