IGNORED

Ugh, people

AustinBike

22 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

Yeah man, just way too many of us. Austin has gotten so nuts I'm looking forward to riding places outside of town just to get away from the chaos.

Solipsism. Flying post-covid has been an exercise in patience when all I want to do is punch someone in the throat. Then again, flying always makes me feel that way🤣

So happy I don't fly for a living any more. If I had to live my old life in today's world it would kill my liver. Have not been on a plane since the flight home from Toulouse, and while I really miss travel, I do not miss flying.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2021 at 9:36 AM, AustinBike said:

I am taking a counter approach. Casually scoping other locations in different states.

Be most diligent, after moving to 2 different states and 3 cities it's still nowhere the scene I left in TX. I do wish my job could have been worked from Charlotte to be closer to WNC, alas that was just not an option this round. Some years from now? Who knows.

Sitting in a hotel in Santa Fe as I type this. Third trip here this year and have determined that it would work for a second home to ditch TX summers and whenever Abbott gets out of control, but would not be a viable long term solution. 

Thousand Oaks CA is the current target. Tons of biking, 12 month riding weather. As we would be downsizing at that point, housing costs are a wash and taxes ( income + property vs just property in Tx) actually falls in CA’s favor, surprising me. Overall cost of living outside of housing nets out ~10% higher or so per year.  Good thing to ponder on 11 hour road trips.