IGNORED

Cyclist Killed - South Bell Crossing to Twin Lakes YMCA

throet

Really unfortunate incident that occurred yesterday very close to home. My wife had driven through that intersection after the cyclist was struck and saw that he was still laying on the ground with EMS attending to him. Not sure how the actual impact occurred, but for those of us living west of the YMCA, this is the crossing used to get over to the Brushy Creek trails. I've seen many car accidents at that intersection as well, some with cars getting hurled into the area where pedestrians could be waiting to cross.

The first phase of Lakeline Park is supposed include a pedestrian bridge crossing S. Bell; so I'll be really glad to see that completed. 

Bicyclist dies from injuries sustained in crash in Cedar Park (fox7austin.com)

Edited by throet
  • Sad 2

Ugh, that and the Avery Ranch intersection is my way to Brushy from the house.  Wonder what happened?   There is a solid crosswalk at both intersections.  I only cross "in the lane of traffic" vs. on the crosswalk.

Agreed will be glad when the Ped bridge goes up.  They are currently building the park on the west side of S. Bell, and this will happen more often as people try and travel between the parks.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Shinerider said:

Ugh, that and the Avery Ranch intersection is my way to Brushy from the house.  Wonder what happened?   There is a solid crosswalk at both intersections.  I only cross "in the lane of traffic" vs. on the crosswalk.

Agreed will be glad when the Ped bridge goes up.  They are currently building the park on the west side of S. Bell, and this will happen more often as people try and travel between the parks.

Yeah really hard to know. I suspect my wife will get more details off the NextDoor App over the coming days, but I doubt we'll get any further details from the local news. I may be using the term "cyclist" loosely, and perhaps should have just said bicyclist. My wife said the man was lying on the ground shirtless, but I don't know if he was riding his bike shirtless (and perhaps helmetless), or if they cut his shirt / jersey off of him as they were attending to him. Anyway it goes, it is really sad. 

On 10/5/2021 at 4:54 PM, throet said:

Yeah really hard to know. I suspect my wife will get more details off the NextDoor App over the coming days, but I doubt we'll get any further details from the local news. I may be using the term "cyclist" loosely, and perhaps should have just said bicyclist. My wife said the man was lying on the ground shirtless, but I don't know if he was riding his bike shirtless (and perhaps helmetless), or if they cut his shirt / jersey off of him as they were attending to him. Anyway it goes, it is really sad. 

Already popped up on my Nextdoor.  And of course, the haters and trolls have chimed in.

• Sad 2

• throet changed the title to Cyclist Killed - South Bell Crossing to Twin Lakes YMCA