IGNORED

performance bike deals

crazyt

6 minutes ago, Morealice said:

Damn. Guess I’m hitting it tomorrow morning then just to see. If it blows I’ll hit Play it Again for some new curling stones 🥌

They definitely do not have full shelves, but they do have a little of most things.

shimano drivetrain components are only 30% off and are mostly gone. I dont recall seeing pedals. But it is still worth browsing.

Was just at Anderson about an hour ago. Still open. Got some stuff, but don't waste your time on anything unpriced. Dug through 4 boxes of black shorts, ended up being mostly women's or men's XL. Found one pair of PI mens large, exactly what I need. Took them to the counter. $65. Which is what I pay for them at retail. I passed because there are no returns.

48 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

Was just at Anderson about an hour ago. Still open. Got some stuff, but don't waste your time on anything unpriced. Dug through 4 boxes of black shorts, ended up being mostly women's or men's XL. Found one pair of PI mens large, exactly what I need. Took them to the counter. $65. Which is what I pay for them at retail. I passed because there are no returns.

Do you really want to buy shorts from a place that accepts returned cycling shorts with someone else's pubes in them?

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

Do you really want to buy shorts from a place that accepts returned cycling shorts with someone else's pubes in them?

well, maybe if you're into that sort of thing:classic_biggrin:

1 hour ago, AustinBike said:

South store was unremarkable at best. They were doing an additional 10% off the final price today but there just wasn't anything really worth buying. They had some okay deals but nothing you couldn't buy online for cheaper and no sales tax. 

I bought some composite water bottle cages, a tire pressure gauge and some stem spacers for under $25

Cause they know how to party

IMG_20181214_134249069_HDR.jpg

Edited by ATXZJ

14 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

I only want to buy NEW shorts from a place that I can return them to if there is an issue. Buying used shorts is like buying used underwear, I don't care how much I can save, it's just not worth it.

On 12/14/2018 at 12:57 PM, taco_junkie said:

Not sure what's up but the S Lamar location has a big "Store Closing" banner and a guy standing out on the intersection holding a store closing "this location only" sign.

I was only in the area to get wrecked at Bombay Bistro so I didn't stop in the store.

bankruptcy court said they had to close all stores

We were at the Anderson Lane store about an hour ago.  Still lots of bike, and lots of clothes that were 50% off.  The only CamelBaks left were safety orange, probably Mules. 

Apparently, the south store is closing but is on a different (much later) timeline, so things down south are not marked down as much yet.  Two or three bikes went out the door when we were there. 

• 1 month later...

I am at the small Lamar store now: 

29"/B+ Yari boost fork, 120mm, steerer has been cut but still plenty long.  About $350!

Lots of wheels including some Arch MK3, Forte, Mavic, Oval 527, 

Lots of tools!

Drivetrain parts, shifters, Cati brakes, etc.

Shimano, giro, and Garneau shoes.

Some mountain bikes. A few Marin Pine Mtn rigid B+ bikes.

Tubes tubes tubes!

Saddles 40% off.

Edited by mack_turtle
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, mack_turtle said:

I am at the small Lamar store now: 

29"/B+ Yari boost fork, 120mm, steerer has been cut but still plenty long.  About $350!

Lots of wheels including some Arch MK3, Forte, Mavic, Oval 527, 

Lots of tools!

Drivetrain parts, shifters, Cati brakes, etc.

Shimano, giro, and Garneau shoes.

Some mountain bikes. A few Marin Pine Mtn rigid B+ bikes.

Tubes tubes tubes!

Saddles 40% off.

can you post prices and sizes for everything? 

Ok but seriously, the wheels were priced well? What sorta percentage off are the shoes?

I was at the South Lamar location yesterday. They told me the Anderson location is now completely closed for good.

I was there today. They added that they do not know how long they will remain open, either. Many things are rather picked over, although they still had tons of helmets left. There were some good deals to be had.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They added that they do not know how long they will remain open, either.

Add this to the long list of questions that Performance Bike staff have been unable to answer. I’m all for supporting your LBS but I have never been a bike shop that felt less like a bike shop than the Anderson Lane Performance Bike. Let’s hope their business goes to a local shop that can earn it.

Add this to the long list of questions that Performance Bike staff have been unable to answer. I’m all for supporting your LBS but I have never been a bike shop that felt less like a bike shop than the Anderson Lane Performance Bike. Let’s hope their business goes to a local shop that can earn it.

I wouldn’t really have called Performance a local bike shop
More of a bike shop that was locally located.
Monkey Wrench, Peddlers, BSS, these guys are a LBS

• Like 2