IGNORED

performance bike deals

crazyt

Just left South. Some good deals to be had. Picked up a lot of road tubes and some gloves. Not in the market for a helmet, but certainly lots of those. And an interesting selection of actual components (brakes, shifters, cassettes, etc).

Also, even though I have wrenched for years and have my own full setup of nice tools. I picked up a clamshell tool kit from them. small, compact, cheap and rather comprehensive. Far cheaper than buying everything and good for keeping in the truck.

I concur with Matt. Just got back from a visit this morning. Lots and lots of stuff. Definitely worth going to see.

They were bringing in boxes and boxes. Truck load. 

"Is this new stuff that's going to be put out?" 

"No, I think most of it is going right back out."

I didn't try to clarify why they would be using the showroom as an interim storage facility. Doesn't make much sense, BUT the company is going out of biz, so...

Forgot to add the south store had some really good deals on helmets, garmin, clothes, shimano 10spd drivetrain and a 27.5 arch mk3 wheelset. They also had their house brand wheels for dirt cheap. 

I got my my royal racing jersey for 10.00

Edited by ATXZJ

• 2 weeks later...

I'm sure many of you received these emails, I got essentially the same one from Performance and Bike Nashbar:

To Our Valued Customers:

You may have noticed some changes to the Performance Bike website recently. We want to let you know what's up, and keep you in the loop about what you can expect from Performance Bike in the future.

We're excited to share with you that Performance Bike is joining the family of AMain Sports & Hobbies!

Since 2004, AMain Sports & Hobbies has been dedicated to serving the cycling & hobbies community worldwide with excellent customer service and extensive product selection. Now, it's time to bring all the AMain benefits to Performance Bike customers like you.

More information about AMain Sports & Hobbies can be found athttps://www.amaincycling.com

What You Can Expect:

The Performance Bike website you know and rely on is here to stayalong with some awesome new features:

All your favorite products,
plus expanded inventory.

Fast, reliable, low-cost shipping.

A dedicated customer service team of
experienced cyclists.

VIP Rewards points and perks.

Privacy Information:

As part of AMain Sports & Hobbies’ purchase of Performance Bike, Amain Sports & Hobbies will receive Performance Bike’s customer information. We take your privacy seriously. We will honor the privacy promises made in Performance Bike’s privacy policy, and will provide you notice and obtain your consent if we were to treat your data in a materially different way. You may review our privacy policy atperformancebike.com/privacy-policy/i2.

If you do not want AMain Sports & Hobbies to retain your personal information, you can opt out by sending us an e-mail, calling us, or sending us a letter at the contact information listed below. Please provide us with your name, email address, street address and telephone number so that we can identify your account. Your request to opt out must be received no later than March 1, 2019. Please note that opting out will remove your proof of purchase data required for warranty service. transfer by any of the following methods: Clicking the link at the bottom of this email message; Sending an e-mail to AMain Sports & Hobbies web master at privacy@amain.com with the information necessary for Performance Bike to identify you in its database and process your opt-out election (such as your name, email address, street address and telephone number);

Mailing to the following address:
Performance Bike
424 Otterson Dr
Chico, CA 95928

Please include in your letter the information necessary for AMain Sports & Hobbies to identify you in its database and process your opt-out election (such as your name, email address, street address and telephone number). Please note that opting out will remove your proof of purchase data required for warranty service.

If you opted in to receive promotional emails from Performance Bike, you may also receive promotional emails from AMain Sports & Hobbies unless you opt out of having your information conveyed to AMain Sports & Hobbies.

Your request to opt out must be received no later than March 1, 2019.

After the opt-out deadline, AMain Sports & Hobbies will create an account for Performance Bike customers who have not opted out and automatically enroll them as Platinum level VIP members so they can enjoy the highest benefits and value for the remainder of 2019.

If we create an account for you, you may receive promotional emails from AMain Sports & Hobbies. If you would prefer to not receive these emails from us, you can opt out by clicking here or by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any promotional email.

We thank you for your past patronage and hope you will always continue to enjoy cycling.

Sincerely,
Performance Bike

ETA: Opps, Didn't realize this had already been posted upthread: Got this email today saying that Performance has had an 11th-hour reprieve and is the same but not the same. 

I just googled wondering what had happened to Bike Nashbar.  They were owned by the same company, but kept separate as brands.  They were consolidated in August 2018, using the same warehouse, but still functioning under their respective brand names.  I'm surprised they don't just make it all one brand, like PerfBar or NashPerf.  (I keed, I keed).  My impression was that products were equivalent price and quality. 

Edited by June Bug