IGNORED

Toe overlap

rockshins

I realize this is probably poor technique and bike sizing, but I noticed my shoes have a little tire rub on the toes after a ride.  I am on SPD's and have the cleats jammed all the way back and this feels best to me.  I am on a XL Honzo that is too small for me and I have size 14 clodhoppers so I am sure this is not helping. I could move the cleats a little forward but I like them there. Anyone else experience this? I haven't noticed it while riding. I am sure it is when going slow and turning with the pedal at the 3 o'clock position.  Should I just learn to ride better or change the cleat position?

13 minutes ago, csmceuen said:

Can you slide the cleat any further inboard to move your foot out since they also have a left right adjustment? You could also put a washer in there to move the pedal out a bit. I have done both due to heel rub.

I have it all the way inboard because of heel rub, but didn't think of a washer.  What kind of washer do you use?

Just under 6'6". The honzo is big but I could use a longer toptube, it's a '13 honzo, not sure if they went bigger. Have to run the seatpost super high and the seat all the way back on the rails. Have been trying to ride with heels down but must get lazy.

Edited by rockshins

I never thought of using shoe size to determine frame size, but where front-center and size 14 shoes collide (literally), it sounds like it's more important than reach, in your case... personally I'd consider selling the frame in favor of one with a longer front/center; anything else is just a patch.

• Like 3