IGNORED

Police Tape @WC This Morning

CBaron

I was out taking an easy spin at WC this morning.  Climbing up Char-dog up shortly after the 180* left-hand switch back there was police tape across the trail about head high.  Being the rebel that I am, I naturally rode under it.  I saw 3 cops standing around on the side of the trail.  I paused and hopped off my bike, but they told me to come on through.  I asked if it was anything serious  and they replied no.  As I was exiting char-dog I saw another section of police tape.  Then lastly, as I was crossing the dam I noticed 2 cop cars and 2 firetrucks. 

Anyone have any idea what was going on?

Cheers,
CJB

3 hours ago, CBaron said:

I asked if it was anything serious  and they replied no.

2 minutes ago, mtb_jeremy said:

Maybe two separate things?  Seems like a body would be a serious thing.  Not sure what the North Star Greenbelt is.

9 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

Maybe two separate things?  Seems like a body would be a serious thing.  Not sure what the North Star Greenbelt is.

If you head out of the park onto Shady Springs (EB route), it's that green area with a pathway up it that you cross. It think it dead ends into the power substation near Mark's Art.

• Thanks 1

I'm familiar with the greenbelt pathway that you are referring to and this (where I was riding) was obviously not that area.  But I have a hard time thinking that there were 2 notable events going on in that general area at the same time this morning?  Something is amiss.

-CJB

16 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Someone is setting up camp on Windy...

No surprise there.  It's easy and direct access from North Lamar.  

On 11/10/2021 at 10:58 AM, CBaron said:

Climbing up Char-dog up shortly after the 180* left-hand switch back

I thought I was the only person that climbed up Char Dog...it's a nice little up. 

Edited by June Bug

3 hours ago, June Bug said:

No surprise there.  It's easy and direct access from North Lamar.  

I thought I was the only person that climbed up Char Dog...it's a nice little up. 

Char-Dog up vs Char-dog down.  Two different trails as I understand it...but the Strava has ruined all the OG trail names everywhere.

Interesting that they call it Ski Hill Flow trail.  We used to call the Ski Slope the trail that is now closed which ran parallel to power line.

Ha!  Google maps still shows the old Ski Slope trail!

image.png.3f569a6dfe27d7e2b3257ceadaa1bad8.png

Church Hill was Hill of Despair and that's also what Google maps calls it.

Interesting that they have some of the newer stuff, but not all of it, and they still have some of the closed trails.
This trail we called Elvis.  What do people call it now?

image.thumb.png.3b662449b993ac2981f8f69f08321ba8.png