IGNORED

Carbon Repair and frame painting

sherpaxc

3 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

Every time I see this topic come up, the closest place anyone can find is in San Antonio called C6. maybe there's something new that I missed.

I know of about half dozen people who have used C6 with good results.  As far as paint/prep...don't bother, its going to cost you more than you really want to spend.  

-CJB

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, CBaron said:

I know of about half dozen people who have used C6 with good results.  As far as paint/prep...don't bother, its going to cost you more than you really want to spend.  

-CJB

I went ahead and sent an email.  And yeah, you're right about the paint.  Not that big of a deal.  Just curious.  

8 hours ago, CBaron said:

Is this for your road bike???

Oh god no.  I would be in a dark place if that happened.  No, Druber is going to sell me his Yeti SB5C frame/shock.  I've been using it for a couple months (so like, 5 rides 🙂 ) and it has a bottom bracket issue that I'd like to get fixed up.  As you can imagine, he isn't easy on his equipment.  I still need to sell my Waltworks frame.  I'm kind of shocked it hasn't sold.  I emailed the carbon guy and he responded quickly.  Waiting to hear back on a quote.  

Dennis (C6) is a fair amount higher than Krys (CCR).  If Krys is still in town and doing this, I'd hit him up. He works with carbon professionally and this is a side gig.  He actually fixed the downtube repair Dennis had done the year before that was failing and out of warranty.  He charged me $200 while Dennis was quoting well over $300.