IGNORED

Trek / BSS Guadalupe closing

TAF

Housed in the former Ozone location, this little service-only shop was a real savior for many of us in the Midtown neighborhoods. Sadly, they are closing the doors tomorrow, leaving us with the option of Cycle Progression (er, no) or driving either south of the river or up to Research.

"REMINDER: we’re closing Sunday, December 5
We’re closing our Guadalupe location this Sunday and joining forces with our friends at Trek Bicycle Lamar, where you’ll enjoy the same service, products, and friendly faces you’ve come to love at Guadalupe, just 10 minutes down the road.
See you there!"

There's plenty of shops between the river and Research. You could visit The Peddler, Clown Dog, East Side Pedal Pushers, Cycleast, Cycle Wizards, Mellow Johnny's or even Cycle Progression you deride (maybe even more I forgot). All of those with the added bonus of supporting actual locally owned small businesses instead of Trek...  🙄

1 hour ago, Yeasty said:

There's plenty of shops between the river and Research. You could visit The Peddler, Clown Dog, East Side Pedal Pushers, Cycleast, Cycle Wizards, Mellow Johnny's or even Cycle Progression you deride (maybe even more I forgot). All of those with the added bonus of supporting actual locally owned small businesses instead of Trek...  🙄

I wouldn't want most of the shops on that list working on my bikes. Also, they are nowhere near as convenient as the Guad location was. My $$$, my choice.