IGNORED

Youtubiness

2 hours ago, Teamsloan said:

I'm also having sock envy a little bit.

I just bought a pair of Swiftwicks that resemble those...and mine are even taller! 😉 

https://swiftwick.com/products/aspire-seven

One of the things that bugs me with these edits are the moments where its obvious there's a cut in the action/flow.  I.e. when he rolls over the dirt mound on his back and rides off.  The next cut he's all clean again.  It would be better IMHO if he were to have paused, looked directly into the camera and 'dusted his shoulders off'....then ride away, cutting to a new frame with a clean jersey.  At least that segment would lend plausibility to 'now being clean'.

Later,
CJB

I take these things for what they are and try not to dissect them too much.  However, I get annoyed when they make it look like he's blasting at 100% the entire time.  I like the edits that make it look like this was just a normal ride that this super-human rider did on a normal bike.  There's just no getting past the fact that these riders are awesome at what they do.  Not only that but they know how to attempt something, fail, not get hurt, and try again until they get it.  That's cool when you consider if they get hurt, it could mean their career.  

• Like 1

On 11/8/2019 at 12:18 PM, The Tip said:

And that's what I like about Danny MacAskill's videos. At the end they show all the crashes. Not only is that good for a "don't try this at home" thing but also a "yes we know this is a fantasy thing" that can't be done in the one take as it is presented.

One take:)

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...