IGNORED

Youtubiness

Note to self:  When taking jumps, make sure rear tire hits first. Seems to be a recurring theme here, right?
These videos make me very nervous. You just know there are videos out there that show some really bad stuff happening to people. 

Not necessarily. Its kinda like English language rules - “I before E, except after C”

https://sandiegomountainbikeskills.com/2018/02/14/how-to-jump-your-mountain-bike/

On 1/17/2020 at 6:46 PM, The Tip said:

Note to self:  When taking jumps, make sure rear tire hits first. Seems to be a recurring theme here, right?

These videos make me very nervous. You just know there are videos out there that show some really bad stuff happening to people. 

I've stopped watching them. Bad juju.

12 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

just when i think ive got this rockbike riding down i watch this dude. god damn

SoMo has some of the best trails on the planet (at least the ones I've ridden in the US 😜)... he's definitely getting the most out of it, but when you ride there you'll feel like you are riding the same way... love that place.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, olddbrider said:

I'm sure it's way easier when you jump over most of the technical features...

If you look closely around the 40 second mark you'll see where he came close to losing the front wheel. Jumping stuff is one thing... But wheels still have to hit the ground at some time, and as was said above, at that speed, along with the jumps, even small stuff can cause a nasty fall really quickly.

Edited by RidingAgain

8 minutes ago, olddbrider said:

Sorry, my earlier post was meant to be sarcastic.  I should have included some kind of emoji or something, I guess.

no worries, its the innerweb.......

i can definitely think of a few obstacles i'd like to gap if i only had the speed (😁)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, ATXZJ said:

New BKXC video featuring ATX and Spider mountain. 

So, I haven't ridden SM yet (wife not real keen on the idea) and was curious how many runs in a day do you actually get? It's hard to judge from these kinds of videos on how much riding you can actually get in a day? Seems like a lot of interrupted riding.

Again, I have no clue.

• Like 1

I have a season pass, so my response to your question above is probably going to be different that someone who shells out $50 for a 1-day lift pass.  When we go, we typically spend about 3 hours out there (that includes the time it takes to gear up, take at least one break, and get packed up while having a beer or two).  Most days, we're able to get 8-10 runs in that amount of time.  By then, we've usually hit everything at least once, most things a couple of times, and the stuff we really like a handful of times.  For me, this is the right balance between getting in a good amount of riding and feeling like we're riding the same things over and over again.  Having said that, there was a kid out there recently that must have been trying to break the single day record.  At about 3 in the afternoon on a Sunday, he was on his 22nd (I think) run of the day.  I'd say if you got there early and took a few breaks to rest and eat, you could easily get 15 runs in a full day.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Yosmithy said:

So, I haven't ridden SM yet (wife not real keen on the idea) and was curious how many runs in a day do you actually get? It's hard to judge from these kinds of videos on how much riding you can actually get in a day? Seems like a lot of interrupted riding.

Again, I have no clue.

In the same boat, my wife was really not excited about me going, but I made it out undamaged. I tried to not stay out their all day since she was losing her sh*t while I was gone. I got plenty of runs in, I was pretty winded. Since I was only out there for 3.5 hours I only stopped to rest on the chairlifts (which are super slow) and took a couple snack breaks at the top, but I was really spent.  Got about 5 runs on the flowy blue trails, a few on the green, then did about 4 runs runs on the black trail, forget the name, then did a couple more runs on the blue trail, called it day. It will be worth your while. This was on a busy day out there.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, circuitbreaker said:

it'll be interesting to see where he rides in Louisiana.

BKXC has grown on me a bit and this 50 state thing is gonna be cool. Wife and I travel out of state fairly often and it'll be nice to see what else is a day or two away.

15 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

BKXC has grown on me a bit and this 50 state thing is gonna be cool. Wife and I travel out of state fairly often and it'll be nice to see what else is a day or two away.

Would be a shame if he leaves Texas and doesn't at least stop in Comfort, Bandera, or Palo Duro on the way out.