IGNORED

Youtubiness

I realize this is in the MTB discussion forum, but just can't resist. In these trying times, people like this really come out of the wood work. Just a reminder that SOMEONE YOU MAY KNOW (or know OF) thinks just like this:

Dated an interesting woman once, that would probably hunt this guy down and shove a stuffed-toy penguin down his throat for disparaging penguins like this.

Edited by jcarneytx
more context
  • Like 1

On 7/28/2020 at 7:43 AM, jcarneytx said:

I realize this is in the MTB discussion forum, but just can't resist. In these trying times, people like this really come out of the wood work. Just a reminder that SOMEONE YOU MAY KNOW (or know OF) thinks just like this:

Dated an interesting woman once, that would probably hunt this guy down and shove a stuffed-toy penguin down his throat for disparaging penguins like this.

That may be the best trolling video I've ever seen. Dude sounds like Napoleon Dynamite. Hilarious! Thanks for posting that...

...unless he's serious, and then this is the most terrifying video in the world.

On 7/28/2020 at 6:43 AM, jcarneytx said:

I like when he backs up his penguin conspiracy theory with flat earth truth.

On 7/30/2020 at 9:28 AM, Teamsloan said:

That may be the best trolling video I've ever seen. Dude sounds like Napoleon Dynamite. Hilarious! Thanks for posting that...

...unless he's serious, and then this is the most terrifying video in the world.

His other videos make it sound as if he's quite serious in his viewpoints. But who knows. 

8 minutes ago, taco_junkie said:

That brings up a good question: When riding through fire and hot coals are you guys weighting your front wheel or back wheel? I just don't feel like I am getting traction cornering through a burning forest.

That is the burning question. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

There are so many of these "which is faster" type videos, but none of them really set things up in a way to get meaningful data. One guy doing a few timed runs on different bikes completely ignores so many variables that could account for minor differences in the times. Familiarity, fatigue, etc... I'd love to see one where they actually try to come up with a methodology that follows scientific rigor, but it would be really hard to pull off. Until then, I don't think anyone will ever be able to definitively say one wheel size setup is faster than any other.

Disclaimer: I still watch the videos.

• Like 1

I think there is so much more to it than just wheel size.  Which wheel size gives you a better fit, which wheel size suits your actual riding style (flow, hard charging, quick accel...), which wheel size fits the terrain better, heck which wheel size makes you BELIEVE you are fastest one???  I'm an advocate of options and options have variables, and variables make a variety of differences to riders.  

Later,
CJB

• Like 1

Think you guys are missing the point. 

1. Lewis was going warp speed on 130mm of travel swinging a 27.5 wheel. So how much travel does the 99% need in CTX again? 

2. Mullet bikes have potential 

3.High pivot bikes are magic.

😁

Edited by ATXZJ

1 hour ago, ATXZJ said:

Think you guys are missing the point. 

1. Lewis was going warp speed on 130mm of travel swinging a 27.5 wheel. So how much travel does the 99% need in CTX again? 

2. Mullet bikes have potential 

3.High pivot bikes are magic.

😁

I'm not an extreme rider, obviously...but I have never gotten off of my Bronson and thought *Man, I would be so much faster on 29" instead of 27.5"*.

15 hours ago, CBaron said:

I think there is so much more to it than just wheel size.  Which wheel size gives you a better fit, which wheel size suits your actual riding style (flow, hard charging, quick accel...), which wheel size fits the terrain better, heck which wheel size makes you BELIEVE you are fastest one???  I'm an advocate of options and options have variables, and variables make a variety of differences to riders.  

Later,
CJB

Summary:  it's the motion not the size

• Like 1
  • Haha 1