IGNORED

Youtubiness

People probably don’t want to spend 40min to watch me build my dream bike. But it’s my Bike’s birthday and I figured it was finally time to put together the footage from the build. Special thanks to CBaron for holding the GoPro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Man. That was so satisfying to watch. Good job

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Chief said:

Part two. Really cool to see the process of how the video was made.

Watching them hike up conveyed how steep it was better than the other video. I keep having to tell myself to double the wow factor watching these type things because of the frustrating phenomena of how cameras fail to show how scary features actually are.

I also like his videos because he always shows what goes on behind the curtain. And I laughed at the subtle, "ouch" when he fell over.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, The Tip said:

Watching them hike up conveyed how steep it was better than the other video. I keep having to tell myself to double the wow factor watching these type things because of the frustrating phenomena of how cameras fail to show how scary features actually are.

I also like his videos because he always shows what goes on behind the curtain. And I laughed at the subtle, "ouch" when he fell over.

The penalty for failure FAR exceeds my limits.

48 minutes ago, The Tip said:

It's the camera angle plus the fact that we see these guys do amazing shit everyday. Watching Danny ride a mountain bike slowly down a mountain doesn't carry the same eye candy wow factor as the flips, whips, hucks, and crazy balancing acts in all his other videos. Then you realize just how steep that slab is, and WOW!

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 1:37 PM, TheX said:

Screaming 2-stroke tuned pipe goodness. I can almost smell the Klotz from here.

(in my best British accent)... "And now for something completely different"... Gah, that was so friggin awesome... that one chick with the thighs on the 4cyl 4stroke was my favorite though.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mattlikesbikes said:

I need to get out there, looks like lots of fun. I'll say, your GoPro footage is SO much clearer than the Garmin. That Garmin looks like my first gen GoPro from 14 years ago, but I do love the map and speedo.

Yep.  The 360 does better at floating, but it's more grainy.  It doesn't look descent unless you watch it at 4k quality.  

17 minutes ago, TheX said:

Klotz brings back memories of my Elsinore 250 in the '70s.

Are you only RC electric or nitro helis too?  

Methanol + 20% Nitromethane + Klotz + Castor.  That plus the smell of the foam tires is awesome.  I miss it a lot.  I'm sure I damaged a lot of nerve cells from smelling and touching RC fuel.