IGNORED

Youtubiness

1 hour ago, throet said:

I was expecting more from Minnaar at Leogang, but that field is getting so damn competitive! 

Yeah, was bummed for him but sounded like it was outside of his control. The field this year is gonna be INSANE. What a way to start the season!!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Barry said:

A monkey without a tail is akin to a trials rider without sight

8 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

Holy shit. 1:10 loudest gasp I've ever let out!

Yep, I had the same reaction at that spot.

In an effort to discontinue my derailleument of the drankin' thread, I've moved this here. This guy is a dozen different kinds of awesome.  A multi-talented rider (mtb,dh,trials) stricken with diabeetus retinopathy that has basically degraded to mild light sensitivity in one eye and no sight whatsoever in the other, decided to get back on the bike, and interestingly trials riding was the one kind of riding he found he could get back in to. I discovered this guy listening to the excellent Bikes and Big Ideas podcast on Blister. This particular podcast is by their bike editor, David Golay, who is an old bicycle buddy of mine from my days in NY. Lots of time on the trail with that dude.

You can do a deep dive with a long interview on the Blister podcast, and check out a few of this rider's more presentation worthy (not busting his ass) videos on his YT channel. This is probably his best:

• Like 4