IGNORED

Youtubiness

1 hour ago, AntonioGG said:

My favorite Chris Akrigg video is a Hill in Spain.  I like the music too.

Watching some of his behind the scenes stuff let's you know just how sketchy some of these moves are. Hard to believe he could even come back from the kind of injury he sustained back in 2011. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ahhhh....I guess this may be why about an hour ago Travis asked me if I had our tandem cover photo.  The date shows Feb 2010, when we did the Excruciation Exam together on the long bike.

All the stuff they were commenting on in the video above is accurate.  There's a T-O-N of partnership, trust, control/lack of control, communication, etc.. that goes on when aboard something 8 feet long, weighing in with a total of almost 400 lbs.  The upside is that with enough horse power you can climb most anything.  The traction is insane and you'll never loop-out.  Same goes for going downhill.  Its virtually impossible to endo a tandem (I knew 100% Seth & Phil would make that 'sketchy' decent).  But the downside is that you can NEVER lift your front wheel over ANYTHING.  Thus you simply just smash into any root, rock, ledge, etc..  But having a trusted partner is key.  Being stuck on that machine with someone you don't work well with would be a nightmare.  Its a testament to our friendship that Travis and I could spend 8hrs 40min on that beast that day.

IMG-9158.png

• Like 2

So this is my first post in these new forums.  I like it.

Actually Cody, I was just talking with some friends about tandem bikes today at lunch and I had mentioned that I had done a race with one.  I didn't even know this was up.  Really REALLY strange timing.  

That's a day I'll never forget.  Fun times.  

• Like 2

Can you imagine the reaction the pioneers who carved this trail would have upon seeing this guy? They'd think he's a f@cking space alien or something. Nope, just a dude who races bicycles, doing it for clicks / hits and an unknown level of sponsorship. Insanely talented rider apparently born with a deathwish.

6 hours ago, Teamsloan said:

Kinda makes me want to go ride the Dolomites...and kinda not.

https://youtu.be/3IaY7a1D1sw

Meh, maybe 3/8 notch above Walnut. (<- Brushy joke)

Wonder how long he spent getting his bars square again each time he turned his stem? Just one of those would have killed the rest of the day for me.

Seriously though, while this is a pretty extreme example, and maybe I'd see it differently when I'm actually at the edge of that exposure... but I'm afraid of heights, and there have been times when I was home editing videos from trips where I was suddenly like "OH S@#%!, I don't remember that!"... sometimes you get so focused and involved in the ride and the trail ahead that these exposures just don't register... anyway, I wonder if that factored in here some.

On another note, that was some fantastic videography... definitely going in my fav's.

Edited by gotdurt
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

Great video of some absolute LEGENDS riding through Hell-A to Catalina. Gonna put the that upper section of MT Wilson on my "todo" list the next time were out there.

Hans and Missy on e-bikes?! The end of the world is nigh; no stopping e-bikes now, lol.

That first trail was sweet... I have an old MTB buddy in LA, looks like I need to pay him a visit.

All these years, I don't think I've ever heard Missy's voice... she needs to lay off the smokes.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gotdurt said:

Hans and Missy on e-bikes?! The end of the world is nigh; no stopping e-bikes now, lol.

That first trail was sweet... I have an old MTB buddy in LA, looks like I need to pay him a visit.

All these years, I don't think I've ever heard Missy's voice... she needs to lay off the smokes.

Had to suspend disbelief on the e-bikes, but it was cool to see the three of them riding. It'd be awesome to see Missy have more of a presence in the industry, maybe 2019 is her year. TimmyC is one big, fierce mofo. I remember seeing him banged up at a RATM show and never knew he was an OG mountain biker.

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 1