IGNORED

Youtubiness

45 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

BKXC has grown on me a bit and this 50 state thing is gonna be cool. Wife and I travel out of state fairly often and it'll be nice to see what else is a day or two away.

I'm actually kind of bummed he's not doing the international thing now. I understand that he see's more market in the Van Life kind of thing, and that's probably going to pay the bills better. Never the less, I really enjoyed his other travels out of the US.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

El Paso was a bit meh.....

IMHO, worth a few hours more driving to get into NM or AZ.

Since the late 90's (including living there for a few years) I've run to AZ at least once a year passing through El Paso, and I always think about stopping to check out some of the trails... but just haven't brought myself to do so. I guess I figure that's just one less ride I'll get in AZ, and we can't mess with that...

1 hour ago, Yosmithy said:

I'm actually kind of bummed he's not doing the international thing now. I understand that he see's more market in the Van Life kind of thing, and that's probably going to pay the bills better. Never the less, I really enjoyed his other travels out of the US.

I dig the van life more because I can relate to it.

Edited by gotdurt
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, gotdurt said:

Since the late 90's (including living there for a few years) I've run to AZ at least once a year passing through El Paso, and I always think about stopping to check out some of the trails... but just haven't brought myself to do so. I guess I figure that's just one less ride I'll get in AZ, and we can't mess with that...

I haven't made it to ride MTB is AZ yet, but hope to someday. EP has some fun stuff, a bit brutal at times, but it helps burn off Madre inlaw's amazing food whenever we go there. Lost dog trails, Monks trail, and lower sunset are well worth stopping for a couple of hours if passing through. The elevation kicks my ass though, but so does eating a bowl of ice cream standing up these days .

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, mack_turtle said:

They built BMX bikes with full suspension or put another way they built full suspension mountain bikes with 20 inch wheels. I don't see what's so controversial about that. New and different sure but nothing that anyone should find offensive.

uh yeah, there will be the offended

52 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

They built BMX bikes with full suspension or put another way they built full suspension mountain bikes with 20 inch wheels. I don't see what's so controversial about that. New and different sure but nothing that anyone should find offensive.

Not so new to those of us old enough to remember...

Yamaha:

Kawasaki:

I was more offended by the fact that those old dudes still have that kind of riding in them.

Edited by gotdurt
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Since we're on a bit of the BKXC & AZ tip, this video has me wanting to hit tucson again this fall. We did this run in july and it was a mofo to say the least. The last 4 minutes of exposed speed/tech brings teh hotness. God damn!!

Edited by ATXZJ

53 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

My in laws live in Phoenix. Needless to say I bring both bikes when I have to visit. Love the riding there and never made South Mountain. It looks amazing

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Make it a priority, you'll be glad you did. SoMo is one of the few places that I would be willing to drive 2000 miles for a 3 day round trip just to ride one day. East National is a special kind of fun, even going up... Geronimo is a hoot and Holbert will humble you... countless other options too.

Edited by gotdurt
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Yosmithy said:

Honestly, when I started seeing this, it reminded me of the Leading link gimmick in the motorcycle industry decades ago.

Saw that this morning too. Cool to see the trail peek guys working with vital but he's a bit dry behind the camera.

Where's he's bad ass is on the trail. Those dudes can haul ass. Awesome to see the slow motion fail of that fork. I'm down with new tech but trust's response to criticism has been enough to turn me away. Videos like this seal the deal.

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

Saw that this morning too. Cool to see the trail peek guys working with vital but he's a bit dry behind the camera.

Where's he's bad ass is on the trail. Those dudes can haul ass. Awesome to see the slow motion fail of that fork. I'm down with new tech but trust's response to criticism has been enough to turn me away. Videos like this seal the deal.

Those brothers can haul for sure

I had seen mention that Trust tends to go on the attack whenever there's some criticism, so it will be interesting to see how they respond to this video.

Seemed like and honest review to me

• Like 1

Sounds like an honest review. Other reviews have been similar but he seems to contradict himself in the video. He states that he has a lot more confidence, stability, and traction in corners and going through holes in the trail but then downplays those advantages (which seem big to me). And what fork handles rear wheel first landings to flat well anyway?

Since this is the youtubiness thread, I will include a contradiction to the previous review by showing Jeff Kendall-Weed slaying trail whilst riding a Trust fork...
Trust Ride Report

JKW rides Austin

For those of you not on Facebook and the MTB group where I posted these yesterday, here are some clips from the stages I was at for the Cat Mountain race.  Keep in mind I was using an Iphone and this was my first time editing videos together.  Enjoy.  

Stage 1  

Stage 3 

Stage 7 

Stage 8 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, The Tip said:

Very interesting how you can see the different skill levels in just watching two seconds of a ride.

I wish I had longer clips of each rider, but the terrain out there only allowed for close up clips.  Plus, those guys were hauling through rough spots, very impressive.