IGNORED

Youtubiness

1 hour ago, AntonioGG said:

Are you only RC electric or nitro helis too?  

Methanol + 20% Nitromethane + Klotz + Castor.  That plus the smell of the foam tires is awesome.  I miss it a lot.  I'm sure I damaged a lot of nerve cells from smelling and touching RC fuel.

I have one electric heli, 600 size. The other 7 are nitro. One GMP Cricket from '81 that is flyable, and the others are 60-90 size.

• Like 1

I love watching Danny Hart ride.  He seems like he's always in complete control and nothing can phase him.  It's a beautiful thing.

On the other side of the coin, he tends to struggle in the social media game which is an unfortunate problem in the sponsorship world.  I think that Cube will do well having him keep his helmet on and let the riding talk.  Then again, what the hell do I know?!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Tree Magnet said:

I love watching Danny Hart ride.  He seems like he's always in complete control and nothing can phase him.  It's a beautiful thing.

On the other side of the coin, he tends to struggle in the social media game which is an unfortunate problem in the sponsorship world.  I think that Cube will do well having him keep his helmet on and let the riding talk.  Then again, what the hell do I know?!

Danny is a good rider, but he seems to struggle with being consistent.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TheX said:

I think a lot of athletes struggle when they have to communicate with fans. I want to see the sport, not hear opinions.

1 hour ago, Chief said:

Danny is a good rider, but he seems to struggle with being consistent.

Danny can seem a little "on the spectrum" at times. Heard his old man is a total PITA to deal with too. Watch the Rob meets episode to get a little taste of life with SR.

He's inconsistent for sure but can be fun to watch. We saw him win at snowshoe and couldn't believe it. "How does he sit down with balls that big! "

And yes, the social media game is netting a way higher ROI than running full factory teams. Not many people in the USA go to UCI MTB events, much less buy a bike because XYZ brand was on the podium. To further this point, when the syndicate lost Loris, they didn't fill that spot with another rider, but added Eliot Jackson to head up their social media presence. Dude is self taught and pretty talented,  so kinda excited to see what they put out.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

Some Austin clips. And that thing at the end!

The progression of street BMX over the last 20 years is absolutely insane! Especially considering the technology of the equipment has essentially not changed as it has in mountain biking.

12 hours ago, 4fun said:

The progression of street BMX over the last 20 years is absolutely insane! Especially considering the technology of the equipment has essentially not changed as it has in mountain biking.

I know! They haven't even invented BMX helmets yet!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

on that note, that's one thing I love about BMX. it's still relatively cheap partially because the design seems to have reached its zenith over a decade ago. the equipment is pretty standard now so there's no talk of "bike doping" or "under-biking." either you have skills or you don't. there's little room for excuses. the discipline is narrowly focused on just a few specialties though, so there's no need for a dozen different kinds of bikes with vast variation.

it took me a minute, but that crazy flip maneuver at the end is right next to No Comply 812 W 12th St, Austin, TX 78701

Edited by mack_turtle

6 hours ago, Barry said:

So let's see if I understand:

Pegs: Yes. Helmet: No = Street BMX

Pegs: No. Helmet: Yes = Trials

Your forgetting the:

no brakes= street BMX

Super powerful brakes= street trials.

The no helmet/helmet thing has to do with sound judgment! which alot of pro street style athletes don't seem to have. Talking skate boarding, bikes, and parkour.