IGNORED

I screwed up.

So... I do whatever I can when it comes to maintaining my bike, for the last 7-8 years I've done alright, everything from drive-train replacements, fork rebuilds, rear shock sleeve maintenance, etc. But then I screwed up, I did the thing that apparently you are never supposed to do. Remove the Propedal lever/ Rebound Knob on my FOX RP23. Then lost one of the tiny ball bearings used for the detents.  I guess there is no easy way to get this back together without dropping the nitrogen charge on this thing. I've tried some of the redneck ways listed on Pinkbike and MTBR but have had no success. So my next choice is to send it off to Fox for a complete rebuild. I've never had this done to be fair in the 8 years I've owned it and it's possible never been done in the 11 year life of the bike so It's not a complete loss. 

My question is, can any body suggest an alternative, that doesn't involve freezing my shock or me buying a tank of nitrogen? 

I agree with the recommendation that it is time for a new shock or a major rebuild. However, it you really want to keep using this shock at minimal cost -

Bike shops that do shock work will have the means to recharge your shock with nitrogen. The cost should be much less than having them rebuild the shock.

Everybody that does air conditioning work has a nitrogen tank and regulator. You might have to spring for some adapters to get their existing parts to a Schrader chuck that would fill your shock. But many of those folks have already addressed that for their mountain bike or dirt bike suspension.

On 12/7/2018 at 12:21 PM, deadtokevin said:

I dont know what shock you need to run but I have this shock in 200x57  / 7.875x2.25 if you want it for a hundo

Thanks for the offer but I think that's too big for my frame. I'm pretty sure mine is a 7.25" eye to eye, or at least that's what it measures out at. If you're located up near Brushy Creek I'd be happy to meet up and confirm. 

Thanks for the other responses, you're of course all correct, doing a full rebuild or buying new won't be a mistake. I heard rumors (from the source) that the Peddler was actually going to have a tech AND Nitrogen to do this, handy since they are near by but when I checked back in with them they shrugged and said send it to Fox. I'll check out Cycle Progression as my warranty is long gone so I don't care if Fox does it or not.