IGNORED

Carrying Bikes in Shortbed Truck

Charlie193

1 hour ago, ATXZJ said:

We drug our girls thousands of miles in the backseat of our 2002 mini cooper. Space was so precious they had to put their duffle bags on the floorboards and rest their feet on top of them🤣

4 of us kids in the back of a Datsun wagon, Renault R5 wagon (yellow) or Dodge K car.  We were 14, 13, 10, and 8 before my parents finally got a 3 row Voyager. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

4 of us kids in the back of a Datsun wagon, Renault R5 wagon (yellow) or Dodge K car.  We were 14, 13, 10, and 8 before my parents finally got a 3 row Voyager. 

What started as 2 kids (7, 3) continued until there were 3 kids (9, 5, 2) in the back of a 1967 VW bug from Houston to St Louis countless times.  My kids grew up in SUVs, they never knew the pain.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Taco Man said:

What started as 2 kids (7, 3) continued until there were 3 kids (9, 5, 2) in the back of a 1967 VW bug from Houston to St Louis countless times.  My kids grew up in SUVs, they never knew the pain.

I remember 2 of us riding in the package cubby behind the rear seat of my aunt's VW.  Did you ever do that?

21 hours ago, AntonioGG said:

I remember 2 of us riding in the package cubby behind the rear seat of my aunt's VW.  Did you ever do that?

Not two of us but one or the other.  Usually when there were three (pre child seat laws) my parents laid down the seat so we could lay down or sit.

• Like 1

On 1/19/2022 at 8:12 AM, The Tip said:

Are you looking for new? If so, order one. That's what I did. Turned out being cheaper (but not cheap! 😁) than the one on the lot that I considered for a minute. 

I was looking for either new or relatively low mileage used. I was looking for the more economical f150 engine, with 4x4 , and a towing package. Didn’t find anything, and my wife pointed out that I was worrying about a size issue with the Ranger that would be a problem at a point when I might have changed vehicles anyway. So I got the Ranger.

0C6EB5E4-40D1-47AF-9F62-31BF7B7012F6.jpeg

• Like 3

I have the same truck only not the crew cab. I like mine a lot but there are some things that I really don't like especially the stupid Sync system. Mine had a front camera issue at five months old and it took like three months to be able to get it looked at. I will say it's impressive how well the truck goes with the four cylinder engine.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Chief said:

I have the same truck only not the crew cab. I like mine a lot but there are some things that I really don't like especially the stupid Sync system. Mine had a front camera issue at five months old and it took like three months to be able to get it looked at. I will say it's impressive how well the truck goes with the four cylinder engine.

Yeah, I’m liking it so far, despite the small bed/open trunk. Part of the reason for getting a truck was that I’m thinking about  getting a camper, and the 7500 lbs towing capacity was the best I could find for a mid-size truck. 
The  only irritation so far is that I’m using my hitch rack while I decide how to get all the bikes in the truck, and it triggers a warning alarm every time I reverse. I feel like someone else here had that issue, possibly @AustinBike? Anyway, hopefully I can disable that somehow.

7 hours ago, Charlie193 said:

The  only irritation so far is that I’m using my hitch rack while I decide how to get all the bikes in the truck, and it triggers a warning alarm every time I reverse. I feel like someone else here had that issue, possibly @AustinBike? Anyway, hopefully I can disable that somehow.

That IS annoying. I had that problem on my 2012 Ford Flex. But my new F 150 allows you to turn that feature off and on. I bet yours does too.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Charlie193 said:

If there is no manual disable, plugging this into the wiring harness will disable the alarm: https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Wiring/Tow-Ready/TR20141.html

• Like 2