IGNORED

Anyone want to build a skills park?

crazyt

I have 20 acres on johnny morris rd across from the Y just sitting there. Probably getting shit dumped on it. It is right across the street from the south walnut creek trail.

One person tried and said there was too much poison ivy and it is really dense. 

Alternately if anyone wants to start a free range pig farm 🙂

• Thanks 1

Yep that was me. I did cut an entrance to park and scouted some cool routes before PI took me out. I have a loaner chainsaw and trail maps drawn. Maybe this winter during dieback we (as in I AND others) could take another stab at it. 

I did move by the nut so I'm all little further away and slightly less vested in it.  Maybe if we just met over there to have beers with rakes something would start happening.  I also have an entire metal scrapyard for skinnies and teeters. Just be sure you are up to date on tetanus shots. Cheers! 

P.s. I just typed anus lol.

6 hours ago, Bamwa said:

Yep that was me. I did cut an entrance to park and scouted some cool routes before PI took me out. I have a loaner chainsaw and trail maps drawn. Maybe this winter during dieback we (as in I AND others) could take another stab at it. 

I did move by the nut so I'm all little further away and slightly less vested in it.  Maybe if we just met over there to have beers with rakes something would start happening.  I also have an entire metal scrapyard for skinnies and teeters. Just be sure you are up to date on tetanus shots. Cheers! 

P.s. I just typed anus lol.

As an international man of leisure I'd be willing to meet up for a beer and some surveying or shovel work.

• Like 1

Part of the pause in construction was concern about what constitutes a driveway in code enforcement's eyes. Also are skinnies and teeters considered structures?  I have read some city documents that made it sound like even a place to pull on the property with a vehicle needed a permit approval because of drainage ditches/distance of driveway from guardrails and other egresses and such. A simple u shaped dirt driveway was my plan and would be ideal for trail building folk to park and load/unload tools......then PI got my balls. But to not be able to access your own vacant property would be dumb also.

Not sure if it would be helpful or not, but I can probably make a high res topo map of the property for you that you can load on your phone. I've used them while scouting trail so you can reference where you are vs where any terrain features are while you're in the field. Then again if it's just a flat square of land, probably not all the useful.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, schoolie said:

Not sure if it would be helpful or not, but I can probably make a high res topo map of the property for you that you can load on your phone. I've used them while scouting trail so you can reference where you are vs where any terrain features are while you're in the field. Then again if it's just a flat square of land, probably not all the useful.

flat piece of land 🙂 This would be done on the down low. "landscaping" No permit required.  Ditch needs a culvert. I paid someone to cut a 10 ft wide path almost to the end of the property so you can get on it now, though it probably has grown back