IGNORED

Bicycle House - new bike shop on Burnet Road

June Bug

• 3 weeks later...

Have you had to pay to have your bike(s) washed yet? When I first stopped by, James mentioned that working on clean bikes was a thing with them (fair enough), but I'm assuming that the two of mine he's already worked on passed the cleanliness test, since I wasn't charged for a wash.

Both bikes were clean when I picked them up, I did not "pay" to have them cleaned. I hosed both down well before I went in so they were not dirty in my mind, but I have a different vision of a dirty bike than most I assume.

The prices were fair, so if they are cleaning it in addition, that was a bonus. I especially like that they replaced an Orbea bearing that was making noise, I was surprised that they had the size in stock, I'm guessing Orbea must be fairly standard because everything else comes from Spain.

6 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Both bikes were clean when I picked them up, I did not "pay" to have them cleaned. I hosed both down well before I went in so they were not dirty in my mind, but I have a different vision of a dirty bike than most I assume.

The prices were fair, so if they are cleaning it in addition, that was a bonus.

Yeah, he indicated to me that if he felt a bike was dirty, it would automatically get washed and the owner charged something like $15. Just wondering if he is backing off on this a little. My bikes are damn clean anyway, because they are kept in my home office - better than any Teams backdrop!