IGNORED

Alabama

ATXZJ

Around this time last year my wife and I made a trip out to Chattanooga for something a little different to ride and are again considering heading east this year. Auburn looks like it might be the ticket for that, and as an added bonus we can easily hit pensacola and new orleans on the way back if we call it quits on the biking sooner than planned. 

The chewacla forest area looks like it'll have some decent flow and scenery for everyone and the park looks like more than i can handle, so a prefect mix of options for us. Being that its a college town there plenty of breweries and food when the ride's over.

Still locking down plans but just may pull the trigger on this one.

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/east-bound-and-down-auburn-alabama.html

https://www.mtbproject.com/directory/8011348/auburn-and-opelika

I was in the Cloudland Canyon State park just a bit South of Chattanooga a couple of weeks ago for a trail run.  There were some well marked trails and lots of them but I didn't get to ride any.  I'd say that with the combination of the scenery and the trails, it would be worth checking out.  The trails we were on were all blues and were flowy and smooth.  Think Bentonville Back 40 style in the trees.  There were some double black diamond sections and with the elevation changes and rocks out there, they might be cool.  As usual, the ratings are all relative.

Edited by Tree Magnet
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Tree Magnet said:

I was in the Cloudland Canyon State park just a bit South of Chattanooga a couple of weeks ago for a trail run.  There were some well marked trails and lots of them but I didn't get to ride any.  I'd say that with the combination of the scenery and the trails, it would be worth checking out.  The trails we were on were all blues and were flowy and smooth.  Think Bentonville Back 40 style in the trees.  There were some double black diamond sections and with the elevation changes and rocks out there, they might be cool.  As usual, the ratings are all relative.

We rode 5 points in NW georgia when were up there too. Agree on similar to back 40 and definitely more elevation making it a little more flowy than the lowland stuff.  Funny you mention the ratings as my wife tends to over react when she sees we're going on a black diamond trail. Then it ends up being really tame with the exception of some exposure or something. I just stopped telling her and just hope she doesn't see the sign :classic_biggrin:

If you’re heading from Chattanooga south hit up Coldwater Mtn in Anniston on the way to Auburn. Fun flow stuff, a jump trail, etc. Also a great 20+ mi XC course with some new skills and jump stuff up top is Oak Mtn SP on the south side of Birmingham.

Have to check out the new trail in Chattanooga. I’ve done parts of Raccoon Mtn but it’s been quite a few years.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk