IGNORED

Does this chainring make my ass look fat?

She looks pretty worn. If you grab the chain at the front of the ring and pull it away from the chainring you'll be able to get an idea of how worn it is. The chain should stay tight to the ring if you're able to see a gap between the chain and the ring it's probably time for a new one. You should also consider a new chain and cassette especially if it's really worn. On my last bike it was time for a new chain so when I installed the new chain I quickly realized that the chainring was toast. A worn chainring will try to suck a new chain up the backside of the ring. So I preceded to change the chainring only to find out my cassette was toast also as the new chain was trying to skip when pedaled. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

I liked the world better when 10 speed ruled the earth 

Especially here. 12spd is completely unnecessary. That being said, the GX eagle cassette isn't that heavy

Been really happy with my Sram 8spd drivetrain

I already have one from Competitive Cyclist that was about the same price - and steel. I will keep them in mind because I may swap up to a 34T in the future. I don't really like the 50T in the back so maybe one day jumping to a 34T would help blunt the spinning that I seem to get, which keeps me from ever using that gear.