IGNORED

Pace Bend Trail Sanitizing

cxagent

21 hours ago, TAF said:

Now there's a patient woman, I would think.

Absolutely... As all wonderful wives are. And this is to be truly appreciated... Just celebrated our twenty year anniversary last month.

If a husband has a wonderful wife... Along with lots of other excellent inward characteristics, she'll be a patient wife.

Maybe one day you'll have the good fortune to meet her out on the trail.

• 2 months later...

At the risk of relighting this flame war - I will add some pictures. That tree will be held back in place again this weekend. I will hold off on the steel pipe. for now. Hopefully the tree will survive.

On the left is what the tree did and will again look like. Note that I have marked all three lines that existed when the tree was cut. On the right is what the tree looked like with the roots cut and pushed over. It actually blocked the C-Line.

Tree Both.jpg

Wow.  Missed this thread, but I did NOT miss the tree removal.  As designed, the trail went straight for that feature and we initially built A and B.  C was created a few months after the trail was officially opened and we held the first race (2010?).  Every time there is a race, we learn how douchy people can be.  I'm not blaming racers, per se, but it does seem that more issues surface prior to every spring.  

I will not take the time to address all the BS previously posted in this thread (as none of it is remotely relevant).  There are signs saying "no unauthorized trailwork" and CX and I try to keep an eye on things.  Please give us your input here or at workdays, but don't take it upon yourself to make changes.  Jay and I rode the far left line on a tandem.  I don't think we dabbed.  We have built alternate lines when the A line is wicked hard.  Otherwise, just walk it.....please?

13 hours ago, cxagent said:

The tree will be back in its proper place on Saturday. The concrete filled steel pipe is ready if that tree moves again.

If you are going to install a concrete filled steel pipe, you should put a metal sign on it explaining why it is there and telling people not to sanitize the trails or this is what will happen.

• Like 2

I've walked that feature many times and have never noticed the "C" line. Of course, maybe that's because I don't mind walking something if I find it too technical.

Thanks for putting the tree back--this is one of those spots I would like to master.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Moc 5 said:

I've walked that feature many times and have never noticed the "C" line. Of course, maybe that's because I don't mind walking something if I find it too technical.

Thanks for putting the tree back--this is one of those spots I would like to master.

My 11yo (at the time, now 12) was sessioning this spot last year as I was coaching him through it when I noticed someone (a grown man) taking the C line.  Before that, I had never noticed it, and I often took the B line for the challenge of squeezing through that little shelf.  Thanks cxagent for repairing that damage.  Hopefully that tree survives...but if the ones with roots cut at Walnut are any indication, I fear it will not.

The C line popped up a few years ago before a spring race.  I blocked it every time I went through.  I spent a long time trimming that tree just right, so that the A line was viable.  I gave up on blocking the C line because it seemed like I wasn't going to win.  Whoever removed that tree, with 3 other options, is a jerkwad.