IGNORED

Pace Bend Trail Sanitizing

cxagent

22 minutes ago, TheX said:

Root drop has an alternative, and I use it. I walk my bike down. did it yesterday. Of course I had to walk up the first climb on Windy. It was pure mud and water running down the rocks from somewhere.

yeah, I spun out on my singlespeed on that climb. Gonna be a while before that is dry again, it was a mess.

Hadn’t been to PB in awhile but decided to take a friend out there last week who had never been. As we approached that feature I encouraged him to take the lower line and avoid the tree up high that I usually ride. It’s a little tricky at first. As we turn the corner and line up....WTF???  Some bitch cut it down. Took me a long time to get comfortable riding that line and still kept me on my toes after many successful attempts. Sucks it happened but glad I got it down while it was there. 

Jesus Fuk. (And that is my usual most reserved swear) This again? Post #1 says there were 3 lines. No one needs signs. They need a swift kick in the nuts. I can't wait for the future where riders sign in and drones hover above following heat signatures to make sure numbnuts don't stop and whip out tools on the wrong days. Want this for green baggers too. Those assholes deserve to have the whole warm bag shoved into their mouth until it biodegrades. Damn it.

Also can we get some downvote buttons in this shit?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Yeah, so I guess that promise to not be a fuckin douchebag on the new site was total bullshit. Perhaps just a douchebag just can’t change it’s stripes.

And btw, if y’all would quit quoting said douchebaggery I wouldn’t have to read any of it as ignore works pretty good. And lack of attention usually makes troll types wither and die.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Seths Pool said:

and this is why I make cat mountain HARD. you cant sanitize an entire trail system. lol

its good at weeding out people who don't belong there. 

And that is how life is supposed to work. If something is too hard, either get better at it or go elsewhere.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, TheX said:

You can read this entire forum and the ONLY threads with this crap in them have one particular member posting. Not a single other thread has any of this.

*wonders why that is*

Possibly because most of the people posting on this thread are in love with themselves and each other.

That's how you "...ENTITLED..." thinking folk roll.

Also the blind in one eye and can't see out the other reality may apply.

Not rocket science silly fellow.

Edited by RidingAgain

12 hours ago, Yosmithy said:

Trail builders should wear this as a badge of pride. If you provide 3 alternate lines, and some shitbag still decides the primary line needs to be destroyed, you did it right in the first place.

Long live our awesome trail builders, please don't let this shit deter you!

No doubt about it.

But...

The fact remains...

There are people who think they have the ground to mess with trails... And that's obviously a problem... As is exposed in many comments here on this thread.

And ranting/whining won't solve it.

But for me... Forums like these are a good place to begin to find ways to solve problems.

But yes, I know well how much effort and patience it takes to work through all the useless static found in most comments.

Edited by RidingAgain

2 hours ago, TheX said:

And that is how life is supposed to work. If something is too hard, either get better at it or go elsewhere.

Actually... You're talking out of your arse again... And being dishonest while doing so.

Most of the effort/approach of society is to try and find ways to make living easier.

NFL receivers now have super sticky gloves that help them catch and hold onto balls far easier than in the past.

Rock climbers have better equipment than in the past.

Shoot... Mountain bikers have better equipment than in the past.

Now this doesn't mean the people utilizing this better equipment stop pushing the boundaries of what they can do with this better equipment, but it does mean that in the routine things their effort has been made a bit easier.

And related to trail building... Where possible, alternate routes should be provided — and are by those who see what's happening in society regarding the sport of mountain biking and its relationship to society on a whole — so that along with other benefits, things like this that someonbe in and above comment said, can take place... "...As we approached that feature I encouraged him to take the lower line and avoid the tree up high that I usually ride..."

With private property trail builders, such as Seth stated, they can do whatever they want. That's not how it should work on public property.

And even if that's how it worked in the past here in Austin... Because of the way things are going re. use of public land by the growing diverse-thinking public... Things are going to, and already have to a certain extent... Changed.

And if you don't like it, old man...

You can...

Check this out...

In your own words...

"...go elsewhere."

Edited by RidingAgain

20 hours ago, AustinBike said:

yeah, I spun out on my singlespeed on that climb. Gonna be a while before that is dry again, it was a mess.

The running water surprised me. And those rocks are VERY slippery when wet. 

*shrugs*

I don't mind having to walk part of Windy.

20 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

Possibly because most of the people posting on this thread and in love with themselves and each other.

That's how you "...ENTITLED..." thinking folk roll.

Also blind in one eye and can't see out the other.

Not rocket science silly fellow.

15 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

No doubt about it.

But...

The fact remains...

There are people who think hey have the ground to mess with trails... And that's obviously a problem... As is exposed in many comments.

And ranting/whining won't solve it.

And for me... Forums like these are a good place to begin to find ways to solve problems.

But yes, I know well how much effort and patience it takes to work through all the useless static found in most comments.

4 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

Actually... You're talking out of your arse again... And being dishonesty while doing so.

Most of the approach of society is to try and find ways to make living easier.

NFL receivers now have super sticky gloves that help them catch and hold onto balls far easier than in the past.

Rock climbers have better equipment than in the past.

Shoot... Mountain bikers have better equipment than in the past.

Now this doesn't mean the people utilizing this better equipment stop pushing the boundaries of what they can do with this better equipment, but it does mean that in the routine things their effort has been made a bit easier.

And related to trail building... Where possible, alternate routes should be provided — and are by thise who see what's happening in society regarding teh sport of mountain biking — so that along with other benefits, things like this that someonbe in and above comment said, can take place... "...As we approached that feature I encouraged him to take the lower line and avoid the tree up high that I usually ride..."

With private property trail builders, such as Seth stated, can do whatever they want. That's not how it should work on public property.

And even if that's how it worked in the past here in Austin... Because of the way things are going re. use of public land by the growing diverse-thinking public... Things are going to, and already have to a certain extent... Changed.

And if you don't like it, old man...

You can...

Check this out...

In your own words...

"...go elsewhere."

Then DO something about it.........

Edited by ATXZJ

12 hours ago, Chongo Loco said:

Yeah, so I guess that promise to not be a fuckin douchebag on the new site was total bullshit. Perhaps just a douchebag just can’t change it’s stripes.

And btw, if y’all would quit quoting said douchebaggery I wouldn’t have to read any of it as ignore works pretty good. And lack of attention usually makes troll types wither and die.

And here we see big 'ol Chongo Loco talking dishonestly out of his arse

I never made any promise to "... not be a fuckin douchebag on the new site...".

Shoot...

I didn't have to... As I don't think I am a "...fuckin douchebag...".

Now, for sure... When people talk out of their arse as you have done here... All they've done is expose themselves as being a "...fuckin douchebag...".

And the fact that you were like this on the other site certainly suggests "...a douchebag just can’t change it’s stripes."

As for the other "... douchebaggery..." stuff you said...

See if you can follow me here Douchey...

Since I don't see myself as presenting "... douchebaggery...", and certainly don't need the support of others who themselves push "... douchebaggery..."...

I don't see any "...wither and die..." in relation to my participation on this site in my immediate future.

But hey... Feel free to give yourself a hug for your silly childish ad hominem effort.

Edited by RidingAgain

22 hours ago, cxagent said:

I am listening. Show me what needs to be done.

I take all good ideas and try to move them forward. Just be warned I don't make decision on a lot of things. The land manager does. I can only request / recommend. And I do a lot of that.

I think this that was said, ATXZ... That may have been overlooked in all the useless static... Is a good beginning.

Edited by RidingAgain

3 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

I think this that was said, ATXZ... That may have been overlooked in all the useless static... Is a good beginning.

i can only speak for myself, but im at the edge of my seat in anticipation of your solutions to this "issue".

Edited by ATXZJ

ATXZ... What we're discussing is simply a matter of community building.

Unfortunately... Over many years society in this country has moved away from true community building — which requires self sacrifice... such as what we see out of people like cxagent — towards the divisiveness of division based on personal preferences/desire/ambition/etc..

This divisiveness of division is the foundation of... The ground of... The "...ENTITLED..." feeling folk.

Shoot... Right here on this thread can be seen a whole lot of the characteristics of "...ENTITLED..." feeling folk... One of the easy ones to spot being the quickness of falling into ad hominem attacks against people who might be seen as speaking something different to those who fall to ad hominem attacks.

I don't want to take anything away from all you brave young men on your wonderfully prepared riding machines... Quite the opposite... I want to try and help avoid it happening.

And the way I have seen this type of problem resolved... To a degree, as we don't live in a perfect world... Is by doing exactly what the person who attends all the City planning meetings does... Choose to make the sacrifice to do so... With the understanding that there will always be some give needed to get a bit of take.

And that's what I'm trying to put forward here on this thread... To get... You need to give.

And that's how the world works.

Edited by RidingAgain

8 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

i can only speak for myself, but im at the edge of my seat in anticipation of your solutions to this "issue".

As old school as it may sound... I think an Austin Mountain Biking magazine would do wonders towards helping inform and educate the local Austin trail users community... In a positive way towards the desires of the Austing mtb community.

Everythings going app these days... Let's come up with an app for the mtb community. Also a website might help... One that is properly administrated and governed by the mission related to this website (and app)... Meaning, void of the useless static that seems to be par for the course on Austin mtb websites.

Grassroots efforts are also needed.

I know of a growing group of mtb riders in the Bastrop area... One came to buy a frame from me a week ago... Had no idea that there was this extensive 80-mile trail system in SW Austin.

They need to be reached out to and brought under the wing of the Austin mtb community.

And here's a good reason why... 

They come to Austin to ride the trails here.

Let's get ahead of any possible ignorant of proper mtb trail useage by building community with them.

And that goes for newbies right here in Austin.

And all this may sound like a whole lot of babysitting, pandering, coddling BS... But for better or worse, that's where society is at the moment.

And if you don't believe me... Just take a look at Bentonville... That's exactly what's happening there... A whole lot of babysitting, pandering, coddling... Driven by a whole lot of $$$s.

What's happening here in Austin regarding the mtb scene is not some kind of new phenomenon... It's quite common in growing societies, and there's lots of information available regarding successful ways to deal with it. All that is needed is the proper mindset/attitude towards taking the steps needed.