IGNORED

Goodwater Loop/Lake Georgetown

quixoft

I rode the whole 28 mile loop for the first time this morning and I'm so glad I did the south side first. That trail is no effin joke. Brutal but fun as hell.

I started at Tejas and went counter clockwise. Really fun ride and I saw no one outside of some hikers and a couple bikes around Cedar Breaks and Tejas.

If you like 20 miles of cheese grater rock gardens and tech climbs this is the trail for you. Bring your patch kits! I didn't get any punctures and I was shocked considering how sharp some of the rocks are in the gardens

• Like 3

3 hours ago, quixoft said:

I rode the whole 28 mile loop for the first time this morning and I'm so glad I did the south side first. That trail is no effin joke. Brutal but fun as hell.

I started at Tejas and went counter clockwise. Really fun ride and I saw no one outside of some hikers and a couple bikes around Cedar Breaks and Tejas.

If you like 20 miles of cheese grater rock gardens and tech climbs this is the trail for you. Bring your patch kits! I didn't get any punctures and I was shocked considering how sharp some of the rocks are in the gardens. 

You must have added almost 2 mi somewhere because the full loop is just over 26 mi. I ride a lap at least once per year, and love it. Still, I would never consider a second or third lap in a single day like they do in the DragonSlayer. One lap is plenty enough punishment for me. I've also only gone clockwise. I need to try a counterclockwise lap one of these years.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, quixoft said:

If you like 20 miles of cheese grater rock gardens and tech climbs this is the trail for you. Bring your patch kits! I didn't get any punctures and I was shocked considering how sharp some of the rocks are in the gardens. 

Examine your tires closely.  You will probably find some marks that didn't quite go through.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, quixoft said:

Really fun ride...

If you like 20 miles of cheese grater rock gardens and tech climbs this is the trail for you. 

Great, glad to hear you liked it so much.  Sounds like you need to sign up for the DS this coming fall! 😉

Cheers,
CJB

• Like 1

15 hours ago, throet said:

You must have added almost 2 mi somewhere because the full loop is just over 26 mi. I ride a lap at least once per year, and love it. Still, I would never consider a second or third lap in a single day like they do in the DragonSlayer. One lap is plenty enough punishment for me. I've also only gone clockwise. I need to try a counterclockwise lap one of these years.  

I got lost a couple times on the pavement portion in Cedar Breaks trying to find the road to the dam(I went toward the boat ramp initially) and a couple other spots where I took wrong turns and had to back track. Agree on the second lap. I'll definitely do it again but just one lap. 🙂

Edited by quixoft
  • Like 1