IGNORED

South Austin Trail Network (SATN) Trail Conditions

mack_turtle

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

South/West bank trails off Slaughter Creek from Mo-Pac east down to the Veloway and Mack Turtle loop are good to go.  South bank trails in Circle C park from Mo-Pac to the west boundary fence (soccer fields) include a lot of greasy areas that are no fun at all.  Looks like some new rain might hit soon so things may change. 

Edited by SouthieRider

• 3 weeks later...

Just rode the north Veloway trails plus the Williamson Creek/Sunset Valley/Whirlpool Cave loop.  90% good although I did have to detour off trail in some sections that remain really waterlogged.  Just last night Slaughter creek had flowing water at the crossings near the Veloway but today they were largely dry.  Great day to ride! 

Also, the bum camp located behind Taco Bell near the William Cannon bridge over at Williamson Creek looks to be gone.  All that remains are several dumpsters full of trash/junk.  However, a new camp popped up under the Williamson Creek bridge at Mo-Pac near Randall's that comes complete with it's own trash and stolen grocery carts.  Seems like we have more folks moving in since that murder happened at the I-35 & William Cannon camp a few months back. 

• 2 weeks later...

Any Southies check this section and give updates?  I've never been on the SATN, but I've been invited to potentially ride there this Saturday (depending on weather).  I was going to check back tomorrow and see if anyone has a general trail report.  I live way up north near Brushy Creek so any local reports are appreciated.  

Scott

27 minutes ago, taco_junkie said:

I haven't been on it in over a week but Strava comments suggest it was good yesterday.

Took a very light rain this morning as I was leaving for work. Just enough to wet the surface. More in the forecast but I have fingers crossed for Saturday too.

Thank you for the update.  I'll stay hopeful the forecast is wrong for today and tomorrow.....or at the very least it skips over some of the trails.  

• 1 month later...
  • Albert changed the title to South Austin Trail Network (SATN) Trail Conditions
  • 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...