IGNORED

Austin Ridge Riders... FR512...

RidingAgain

2 hours ago, TheX said:

I think we made Joe mad...I mean RA.

Not in the slightest.

But I understand that you need to tell yourself that.

Also understand your deliberate attempt to introduce my name.

You really are a bit of a pathitic person aren't you.

BTW folks...

My name is Joseph Steel.

See silly fellow. Life is simple.

Edited by RidingAgain

7 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

LOL... Dude, based on your own reasoning, you just insulted yourself.

Okay... This is sad to watch... I'll stop.

Meh......

You have no money

You have no ambition

You contribute nothing but cancer to the forums

You are not wanted here

Take all that energy and apply it to finding a job that affords you to do more than daydream.

Edited by ATXZJ

32 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

Meh......

You have no money

You have no ambition

You contribute nothing but cancer to the forums

You are not wanted here

Take all that energy and apply it to finding a job that affords you to do more than daydream.

Ouch...

not really...

LOL.

35 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

And now he's my personal adviser.

No, i wouldn't wish that on anyone. Not even god

31 minutes ago, RidingAgain said:

BTW...

If you take this thread as an example... It should be clear to any honest person that the only person "...contributing nothing but cancer..." to it... Is you, ATXZ.

It really is quite plain to see.

Really? Take a look at your reputation score and think again. 

Speaking of numbers. Ill make the assertion that if you were half as smart/enlightened as you pretend to be, you wouldnt be some dude in his 40s, living in an apartment, with a 15 y/o bike he cant afford to fix or posting about memberships youll never buy. The fact that you're some dude, in his 40s living in an apartment doesn't matter as i'm sure theres a lot of you out there. In your case, you are, and will always be cancer to anything you're involved with.

P.S. Do your neighbors know you're using their wifi?

Edited by ATXZJ
wifi

LOL...

You're funny.

Here, let me see if I can help you...

Regarding God being an adviser...

According to scripture, all things are through Him and unto Him. Meaning, God is the ultimate adviser to all.

Truth is, God is the only adviser there is, all other claims are just vanity.

Regarding my reputation score...

It seems to bother you far more than it bothers me.

Regarding my trying to pretend to be smart/enlightened...

I've made no such claim, nor think I am, and therefore have no need to pretend. Eat the hay and leave the sticks is what I say; and that includes my own speaking.

Regarding being in my 40s...

I'm not. I'm in my 50s.

Regarding living in an apartment...

I'm fine with it. Maybe you shouldn't let it bother you so much.

Regarding my being "...cancer to anything you're involved with."...

Scripture tells me that I am what I am by the grace of God. So, if you've got a problem with what I am, go take it up with God.

Regarding my using my neighbor's wifi...

How silly that would be, seeing I pay $90 a month to Spectrum for both cable and wifi service.

Hope the above info eases your seemingly stressed little offended mind, ATXZ.

Edited by RidingAgain

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve been a member, volunteer, and/or board member of both ARR and FR512 for over 10 years. It’s great to see some information getting out on each. They both have important roles to play in serving MTBers in this area. The largest difference between the two is where they work. Public land vs. private land.

ARR has worked on private land (RPR, Lone Man Mountain, etc).  Private land is great (ex. Spider Mountain), because usually one entity is in charge, assuming risks (insurance), and had goals/timelines. Private land can also have major drawbacks (Twin Parks, LMM, others), where agreements are made and then people change their minds. 

Public land has its pros and cons. Pros: 1) everyone can enjoy it 2) longevity of lifespan 3) mostly good people to work with

Cons: 1) approval process 2) limits of work schedule 3) other user groups 4)liability limits

i have high respect for anyone putting in the effort to build and maintain trails.   I wasn’t involved with any groups when I started building. I’ve come to realize the benefits of community in building trails. The very best friends I have today I met building trails. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, spicewookie said:

I’ve been a member, volunteer, and/or board member of both ARR and FR512 for over 10 years. It’s great to see some information getting out on each. They both have important roles to play in serving MTBers in this area. The largest difference between the two is where they work. Public land vs. private land.

ARR has worked on private land (RPR, Lone Man Mountain, etc).  Private land is great (ex. Spider Mountain), because usually one entity is in charge, assuming risks (insurance), and had goals/timelines. Private land can also have major drawbacks (Twin Parks, LMM, others), where agreements are made and then people change their minds. 

Public land has its pros and cons. Pros: 1) everyone can enjoy it 2) longevity of lifespan 3) mostly good people to work with

Cons: 1) approval process 2) limits of work schedule 3) other user groups 4)liability limits

i have high respect for anyone putting in the effort to build and maintain trails.   I wasn’t involved with any groups when I started building. I’ve come to realize the benefits of community in building trails. The very best friends I have today I met building trails. 

What was the deal with Lone Man Mountain again? I remember reading an old thread on Mojo but forgot the details. I live out here in Wimberley now, and there is not much within a 20 min drive. The popularity of the sport has grown greatly since 2004 or whenever that was. I wonder if they would be open to the idea again.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, notyal said:

What was the deal with Lone Man Mountain again? I remember reading an old thread on Mojo but forgot the details. I live out here in Wimberley now, and there is not much within a 20 min drive. The popularity of the sport has grown greatly since 2004 or whenever that was. I wonder if they would be open to the idea again.

Private land owner changed their minds after hundreds/thousands of hours of volunteer labor and just weeks before officially opening. 

1 minute ago, spicewookie said:

Private land owner changed their minds after hundreds/thousands of hours of volunteer labor and just weeks before officially opening. 

Sweet! So if I ever can afford land, this is how I get my private trail built!!! Get a large group of mtbr’s excited about opening it up to them! Have them build it! Then last minute change my mind! 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, 4fun said:

Sweet! So if I ever can afford land, this is how I get my private trail built!!! Get a large group of mtbr’s excited about opening it up to them! Have them build it! Then last minute change my mind! 

Or sell it to a developer with trail amenities already built!

• Like 1