IGNORED

Amazon brake rotors

2 hours ago, Seths Pool said:

ive been a fan of the HS1 clean sweep rotor for a long time. you can get them on Ebay for $8 each. they are tough enough for any riding and braking power I've encountered, and they look pretty good too! but I'm also really liking some new TRP rotors I got recently

If they survive Seth, they'll survive anything I'll give 'em. 

We need a "Seth Seal of Approval" for products that don't break. 

25 minutes ago, RedRider3141 said:

If they survive Seth, they'll survive anything I'll give 'em. 

We need a "Seth Seal of Approval" for products that don't break. 

actually funny, because ive already created a Youtube channel called "Seth's Bike Cracks" (spinoff of Seth's bike hacks) where I will do stuff like product reviews, broken parts, warranty experiences, etc etc

I haven't done anything with the channel yet as far as content but I already made and email address and youtube account out of it. I think it could turn out pretty good! haha

• Haha 1

I found HS1s to be too noisy for my tastes.

I really like Magura Storm SL for the best combination of brake, bite, mud clearing and weight.

I currently run a weight weenie rear. Ashima Ai2.

They are crazy light and bite very hard and strong. There is a small amount of vibrating feedback due to the extremely wide openings in the rotor. I run them with regular organic pads and pad wear is surpringly “normal” and on par with regular rotors for me. It makes my Guide ultimates feel closer to XTs in a good way. It’s a good in between.

They have stopped me pretty quickly from 60+ mph :), but for sustained mountain riding, I would not run them on the front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FJsnoozer said:

I found HS1s to be too noisy for my tastes.

I really like Magura Storm SL for the best combination of brake, bite, mud clearing and weight.

I currently run a weight weenie rear. Ashima Ai2.

They are crazy light and bite very hard and strong. There is a small amount of vibrating feedback due to the extremely wide openings in the rotor. I run them with regular organic pads and pad wear is surpringly “normal” and on par with regular rotors for me. It makes my Guide ultimates feel closer to XTs in a good way. It’s a good in between.

They have stopped me pretty quickly from 60+ mph :), but for sustained mountain riding, I would not run them on the front.

I've got a set of Magura 180s. I suppose there is no reason not to just run 180, I already needed one mount/adapter. 

I've got a set of Magura 180s. I suppose there is no reason not to just run 180, I already needed one mount/adapter. 

Are they storms or storm SL?

My future combo will probably be Storm SL 180 front and Ashima ai2 160 rear.

I have not tried the Ashima as a front. They make a 180 and it’s under 100 grams, but it has so much bite I don’t think I would like it. I like modulation on the front and I want to be able to pop the rear and lock it up in. A switchback.

I also hit some fairly high speeds on the street and I need some big stopping power up front. I’ve run rotors where I had to let them cool down and get back on them on Yaupon. No thanks!