IGNORED

Reveille Peak Ranch Trail Conditions

Raincrystal

Looking at your Strava more closely @Barry, I thought I'd ridden Inner Loop, and I didn't even get close. I was sure I'd ridden Inner, Upper, and the RPR loops but I totally didn't:

image.thumb.png.32712c1bee7b2d2eb5bb65bf244e4f87.png

@TAF the problem on the rock is minor.  The reflectors are great. They've added poles too.  I only found one problem area I mentioned.  The main issue is where you ned up with 3-way and 4-way intersections within view of each other, with not all the trails marked (Enduro lines notwithstanding).

Now I'm figuring out my confusion.  I guess Trailforks is wrong.    They show Inner Loop ending at the Decision Point trail which makes no sense (b/c it wouldn't be a loop!)

But they also show an extra bit of trail l which I did ride and it's inside the Upper Loop which I did ride.

image.thumb.png.7401935e2c48ddd57c9f5f345774b482.png

I hadn't been out there since the summer, so there were certainly a few changes I noticed. But the literal biggest change was all the jump lines going in near the end of the "new" Flow Trail ending, where it finishes at the concert venue. "They" have built some Whistler A-line sized tabletops. Way bigger than anything you'll find at Spider MTN. And then I was scrolling though Instagram and noticed this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLDSbunhsWO/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

• Like 1

No, that's over my pay grade. Jumping was never my thing, but I have gotten okay at smaller tabletops like Walnut's inner BMX pumptrack, or the ones behind RedHorn, or the wood-lipped jumps at ChristChurch. I was having a ton of fun clearing those ChristChurch jumps on Chamois Hagar on Sunday! 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...

Report on Reveille yesterday (Monday, Aug 16, 2021) on facebook. (Not me, just sharing.)  

First time riding Reveille in 2 months, I have to report back that the trails are in great shape, spoke to the owner and he tells me that he hired someone full time to maintain and work on the trails. As I was riding I noticed it right away, a lot of trail has been cleared. I am so glad the concerns were heard and we hope to meet the trail keeper so we can offer a work day to help out too.

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
39 minutes ago, ATXZJ said:

Thinking of hitting it tomorrow since trails down here seem to be a no-go and the weather is too good not to ride.

Actually lots of trails are looking good already. Walnut, Goodwater, 4C, Lakeway and some bits of Brushy have gotten reports of good dirt.

• Thanks 1

Weather and dirt were great. Trails and signage, notsomuch. 5 years since my last ride out there, and it's still pretty meh.

Rocky Mountain was doing a demo and we also got to dodge hippies on the utopia fest side of the ranch 🤣

Edited by ATXZJ
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

Any recent beta on the state of things out there? I have only been a couple times and it has been a few years so I may almost be starting from scratch. I usually get discouraged when reading recent reports and go somewhere else, but hoping the 'full time' trail builder is making good things happen.

9 hours ago, GFisher said:

Any recent beta on the state of things out there? I have only been a couple times and it has been a few years so I may almost be starting from scratch. I usually get discouraged when reading recent reports and go somewhere else, but hoping the 'full time' trail builder is making good things happen.

Things are happening. We did a singlespeed lap and that was about 15 miles, there was a lot that we missed. There is a lot of building for jumps, drops, gaps and all kinds of things out there.

I had crossed them off of my list based on some of the "trail work" that they had done in the past, now they are back on. 

23 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Things are happening. We did a singlespeed lap and that was about 15 miles, there was a lot that we missed. There is a lot of building for jumps, drops, gaps and all kinds of things out there.

I had crossed them off of my list based on some of the "trail work" that they had done in the past, now they are back on. 

Thanks for the nudge to try it out again John. Looking back, it has been 10 years since I have been. I had pretty much written it off. And thanks @AntonioGG for the Garmin file. I gave up trying to follow it exactly pretty quickly as the front area of the main trail system is such a spaghetti bowl cluster, it got frustrating real fast. I reverted to my normal routine on a complex system like that and just rode for the first hour or so taking whatever looked like the best option at the time. Once you eddy out of that area it it much easier to navigate. I left your course going on the screen and would hop back on eventually after I got off track, although I think I was going in the opposite direction some of of the time. It definitely looks like the bulk of the work is going into the jump line area, and while gaps are the last thing on my list, the berms and smaller jumps and tabletops are pretty awesome. Signage seems to be somewhat improved but still quite lacking if you aren't familiar, I hate the 'maps' painted on the pallets and basically ignored those. I ended up with 25 miles and pretty close to your route Antonio, but there is definitely trail not on your route or MTBproject and some stuff I know I missed. Will definitely move it into the rotation a bit, maybe more so when other stuff is wet.

Oh, and I found the perfect sized table top for me: heh

20211228_155641.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Know before you go:  April 28, 2022  Reveille Peak Ranch posted on facebook a few minutes ago: "Still not happy…because of a fire on an adjacent property, trails are closed this morning. We’ll post an update when they are open. Thanks for your patience!"

• 4 weeks later...

Dangit. Looks like they got zero rain last night but are closed today for a Spartan event. 😔

Update - I texted the update line and they should be open later but not until about 5, and there may be some moving parts as they break down.

Edited by GFisher

• 11 months later...

Made it out to RPR yesterday for the first time this year. Morning conditions were superb, and the wildflowers were absolutely brilliant! Doesn't seem like the signage has improved any since my last time out, but for whatever reason I was able to create more flow than I've had out there in a long time. Rode for close to 3 hours with a buddy who had only been out there one other time. Definitely worth the trip if you can make while everything is still in full bloom. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, throet said:

Doesn't seem like the signage has improved any since my last time out

no surprise there. exactly why i avoided that place, and just went a few clicks down the road to spider. 

Stoked that you had a good time and the flowers were out. that's always a nice bonus

• Like 1