IGNORED

Because... Well... Cheap... Can be... Good.

Just enjoyed a can of Ocean Prince canned smoked kippers... One of my favorite... And just a $1.09 at HEB.

As a kid I grew up eating sardines/kippers. They were cheap. And tasty. And my mom had to be thrifty (what some in their haughtiness think to call cheap).

And today, some many decades later, we find out that sardines are a great source of omega-3s vitamin D.

So add very healthy to the list of positives.

And again...

Just, can you believe it... $1.09 at HEB.

https://www.heb.com/product-detail/ocean-prince-kipper-snacks/1119612

https://healthyeating.sfgate.com/nutritional-value-kippers-1104.html

Edited by RidingAgain

So I had the opportunity to attend some SXSW talks some years ago — definitely not cheap — and one was on conservation.

Turns out the speaker was a twenty+ year expert on the matter and after much consideration came to the conclusion that having the disposition of keeping things that you use for longer than is common these days... And even doing things like handing down your watch to your son (these days you might have to teach your son what a watch is, and how to use it though)... Is quite possibly the best way to take regarding conservation.

It's also... 

Cheap.

Edited by RidingAgain

So this morning I was walking out to the car and saw the maintenance man heading to the garbage with all the outdoor Christmas decorations that were used by the complex management. I stopped him and asked if I could take them to Goodwill instead of him dumping them.

Although not in like-new condition...

Someone may be able to enjoy them for...

Cheap.

IMG_2553.jpg

IMG_2555.jpg

Edited by RidingAgain

On Friday past one of my friends in the Walmart near 290 and Mopac left for Houston. She was having a hard time finding somewhere affordable to live here in Austin, that was also close to where she worked (something many people are encountering). She was also missing her family and will be sharing a place with her sister in Houston. She was happy about the move, and I'm happy for her.

Her name is Denise, and I know this because over the years I took the time to say hello to her and ask her how her day was going. I thought it just a nice thing to do because she was often the greeter that greeted me at the door of Walmart when I walked in.

We became friends and our greeting turned into short chats, and sometimes I found that I was able to encourage her when she was going through hardships. 

And this is something I do with a few others at Walmart... Josie, Tuila, Bachmai, Martha... To name a few.

And last night I complimented the manager on her cool red Jordan kicks. It brought a big smile to her face.

And to think...

What does it cost to do this?

Just some time, and caring for others...

Which, when you think about it...

Is pretty cheap.

Edited by RidingAgain