IGNORED

Pedel Less MTB

zrx24

8 minutes ago, Ridenfool said:

If it doesn't have pedals it isn't a bicycle, it's a motorcycle.

Zero, KTM, and others have had electric motorcycles for some time. The folks who put on the 24 hours of Rocky Hill have used a Zero for event prep work on the trail for many years.

Well, of course.  There are electric scooters, mopeds, dirt bikes, (true full sized) electric motorcycles as you've mentioned, and the current crop of e-bikes (with pedals for both street & off road use).  This is the first time I've seen a mountain bike setup go full electric.

I have zero desire for anything of the sort.  Just thought it interesting.  Even more interesting that it is Harley Davidson that has developed it.

11 minutes ago, RedRider3141 said:

Still not a bicycle. 

Truth, Websters Dictionary says that this is the meaning of "bicycle".

a vehicle with two wheels tandem, handlebars for steering, a saddle seat, and pedals by which it is propelled

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bamwa said:

Yeah but then you would want a big tank of petrol on it.

For now. I'd be happy to ride an Electric Dirtbike once the range is equivalent to a gas one. I had a 4.2Gal on my XR280L. On fire roads this was hundreds of miles, on trails it was 100-150. There's no electric bike that can come close to that yet. Battery tech will get there and that's what will change everything.

• Like 1

I think a big difference is that I can hop on a 1970’s era motorcycle and it can still get me from A to B. Anything electronic that is more than 10 years old is total junk. I can’t even keep a battery pack alive for more than 2 years on my bike lights. In fact, I ditched my battery powered drill for a straight electric because when I need it, I need it to work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk