IGNORED

Walnut Creek recon today

AustinBike

Went out and did a long lap today. Walnut is rideable IF you actually ride at a moderate pace AND watch where you are going. If you rail the corners fast you’re going to come up on mud that you cannot avoid. If you are riding carefully and paying attention then you will be able to pick a decent line (and not widen the trail.)

all bets are off if it rains a lot tomorrow. 

The creek by the maintenance shed is running fast, my feet got wet. Point 6 was muddy but there were places on the trail to ride if you were careful. The main creek was too deep, I needed to use the rocks to cross it. The approach on the other side was a real mess. Fence line was really bad, and I bailed on both BMX and windy because they were too muddy.

I saw a lot of bike tread marks in the mud. Give walnut a rest. If you must ride it, do it slowly and carefully, be prepared to get off and walk in places. 

Yeah, this is a pic of the trail at one flat spot. Normally I would have ridden right where the path was, but because I was going a little slower, I saw the other track, to the left, around the tree, that was dry enough to ride on.

My estimation is that with the rain coming, it is going to be like that friend that starts to sober up but has "one more beer", instantly making the situation just as bad as it was.

IMG_3207.jpg