IGNORED

Are you kidding me?

TheX

3 hours ago, CBaron said:

Yeah, I completely get that.  In that regard we all have to do (or not) what we feel comfortable with.  And as the city has grown and cell-use has become so much more prevalent, my road appetite has changed and evolved too.  Counterintuitively, I've found myself feeling much more safe riding urban 'commuting' route into town, rather than heading out past the suburbs (especially when riding solo).  On big group rides that usually occur on the weekends, I'm not nearly as bothered with traffic and such.  But I can get 35'ish miles and 2.5 hrs  when riding from my house (near WC) south to downtown and back.  And I feel reasonably safe (for me) the whole time.   YMMV

-CJB

Same here.  Country rides are OK, in-town rides are OK.  Suburbs in the flatlands are scary. I used to ride out to Andice on Parmer/RR all the time.  I totally understand those who don't want to do it on the road anymore.  Half the time I get on my smart trainer instead of heading out.  I also think I gain fitness when not riding on trails.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, throet said:

RPR was fabulous today! 

Can't argue with that.  There was very little standing water, which was surprising.  Looks like Burnet got less than 1/2 an inch of rain Saturday night, so in addition to RPR draining well, it got less rain than a lot of other spots in the area.

Seems like they are in the process of bulldozing some new roads out there in the vicinity of several of the enduro lines.  Does anybody know what they are up to?  I was hoping maybe they were creating roads to make it possible to shuttle people up the enduro runs.  Seems like with Spider Mtn opening (eventually, probably), RPR would be smart to capitalize on the increase in gravity riders that will be heading out that way...

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Ridenfool said:

I'll wait for dry weather as I trust familiar trees, roots, and rocks significantly more than I do exposure to a high number of random (potentially deadly) people in cars that will be encountered on any given road ride.

Translation: Drivers can be dumber than rocks.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, olddbrider said:

Can't argue with that.  There was very little standing water, which was surprising.  Looks like Burnet got less than 1/2 an inch of rain Saturday night, so in addition to RPR draining well, it got less rain than a lot of other spots in the area.

Seems like they are in the process of bulldozing some new roads out there in the vicinity of several of the enduro lines.  Does anybody know what they are up to?  I was hoping maybe they were creating roads to make it possible to shuttle people up the enduro runs.  Seems like with Spider Mtn opening (eventually, probably), RPR would be smart to capitalize on the increase in gravity riders that will be heading out that way...

Probably for the Rattler 100 that was recently moved from Rocky Hill to there.

Are you kidding me!?

Client coming to town next week is a MTB guy. The only client to ever ask us to hit the trails instead of golf. I don't golf and never get to do this kind of thing so I say I got this. Now I gotta tell him maybe not because weather. He's ridding at home on fat tires in snow and will probably think I'm crazy for calling it for some light rain. (┛◉Д◉)┛┻━┻