IGNORED

Pay It Forward

1 hour ago, RedRider3141 said:

I was hoping for some help with a kids bike I picked up off the curb. It's the perfect size for my oldest daughter who's well on her way to being a future MTB buddy. 🙂 

The bike is intact except for tubes and front axle lock washers. I can track down the tubes but I haven't had luck on the washers. Here is a picture of what I am looking for. TIA!

NEVERMIND! I actually got a spare wheelset with the bike and found the washers I needed hanging on the other axle. I also stole the tubes out of it. that being said, now, I have a spare 18" wheel set if anyone needs them. Tires are bald but rims are in good shape as far as kids rims go. 

2018-12-29 16_10_53-Window.jpg

2018-12-29 16_11_04-Window.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, mack_turtle said:

have:

Kore Mega handlebar- approximately 725mm long, 31.8mm clamp, 20mm rise

XT rear derailleur, SLX 10-speed shifter, XT 11-36 cassette, all 10-speed. all you need is a chain to put this on a bike

TOGS, grey. I got these a while ago, took them off my bike for a bit, could not find them again and bought another pair. then I found them.

looking for a 30.9mm seatpost, 400mm or so long.

I'll take the 10sp group.

3 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

have:

TOGS, grey. I got these a while ago, took them off my bike for a bit, could not find them again and bought another pair. then I found them.

Can you share your thoughts on these?  I'm intrigued...

-CJB

1 hour ago, CBaron said:

Yeah, I get it.  But I'm trying to figure out if I want to take my grips off, move my bell, possibly move my brake levers in (considering that this area is all wrapped in road bar tape) all for an experiment that I'm unsure if I need.

-CJB

I ran them for a couple years on my Karate Monkey. I liked them. They're not life changing or anything, but they give you a different hand position on longer rides, while still maintaining enough control to handle unexpected bumps in the trail. Basically, on tamer sections of trail or on the road, I end up riding with my thumb over the bars pretty often. The TOGS make it so you can ride with that grip in slightly more technical bits of trail, and make it waay harder to accidentally slip over the top of the bars when you hit that rock you didn't see. 

Now that I'm on a bike without them, I find myself missing them more that I thought I would. Next time I switch grips on my Stache, I think I'm gonna put them back on.

You should try them IMO.

• Like 1

it should not be all that hard to remove grips and put TOGS on. even with slip-on grips, they can slide off. most people leave a gap between their brake lever and the end of the grip (unless you have itty bitty sausage fingers), so there should be some room for the TOG to fit there.

• Like 1

have:
Bar and drivetrain stuff are gone.

looking for a 30.9mm seatpost, 400mm or so long.

Dang, I thought I responded fast enough to grab that drivetrain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I managed to break part of the spider off this crankset, so you can't safely use 104 BCD rings on it. However, it's a 2x crankset so the small ring holes (64BCD?) are still fine. If you want a crankset that will only be used with a tiny ring, you can have this. Fat bike? Cargo bike? Kids bike?
No BB, 170mm arms, made for 68/73mm bottom brackets.

FB_IMG_1551013841127.jpg

Edited by mack_turtle

10 hours ago, mack_turtle said:

I managed to break part of the spider off this crankset, so you can't safely use 104 BCD rings on it. However, it's a 2x crankset so the small ring holes (64BCD?) are still fine. If you want a crankset that will only be used with a tiny ring, you can have this. Fat bike? Cargo bike? Kids bike?
No BB, 170mm arms, made for 68/73mm bottom brackets.

FB_IMG_1551013841127.jpg

Wolf Tooth and AB hoth make 30t N/W rings that fit in the granny spot. If you're right foot forward you could just get one of those, bolt on a half guard, and get some use out of those.

7 minutes ago, First-Blood said:

Anyone have a straight 1 1/8 steer tube air suspension fork they are willing to part with first cheap. My buddy blew his apart on his aging bike at spider mtn. He is on a budget trying to Save up for a decent modern bike.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

26 or 29?

1 hour ago, First-Blood said:

Anyone have a 29er straight 1 1/8 steer tube air suspension fork they are willing to part with first cheap. My buddy blew his apart on his aging bike at spider mtn. He is on a budget trying to Save up for a decent modern bike.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

what travel?

axle?

What size frame does he need?

hardtail/FS?

Any body need any of this?  Bars are 27", stem is probably 90mm or so.  The bars, stem and seatpost are from a 2011 Specialized Stumpjumper.  The tire is a Kenda Small Block 8 29".  Its been in the garage a couple of years-  I have no idea of they go bad sitting in the heat.  I live in Pflugerville, or can meet downtown by the capitol.  

thumbnail?appId=YMailNorrin