IGNORED

Pay It Forward

I'll take the center speaker... I've got a full set of Yamaha speakers... Just missing the center speaker. This is the right model version too.

Take one take them all not going separate can donate the rest if u want that’s up to u

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, manuels61 said:

Anybody got a set of training wheels laying around? For a 20” wheel, my boys kid is a late bloomer I guess emoji2369.png

dont use training wheels. Take the pedals off and slam the seat. Have him coast down slight inclines until he has his balance (probably 1 day at his age). Put the pedals back on and have him start coasting, then pedaling.  My 4yo learned over 4 days  last month. All 3 of my kids have used this method.

dont use training wheels. Take the pedals off and slam the seat. Have him coast down slight inclines until he has his balance (probably 1 day at his age). Put the pedals back on and have him start coasting, then pedaling.  My 4yo learned over 4 days  last month. All 3 of my kids have used this method.

He found some, I told him about that, that’s what I did with my kids, but he has no bike mech skills or tools so wouldn’t be able to get chain off or cranks thanks

30 minutes ago, crazyt said:

I've got 3 kids and we didn't use training wheels either.  I'd always said that training wheels were for the adults...they allow the adult to sit in their lawn chair while the kid pedals away (learning bad habits).  If there are no training wheels then the parent has to be DIRECTLY involved every time the kid wants to 'ride their bike'.  And truthfully, that can be a PIA being hunched over holding onto the back of the seat while shuffling down the driveway/street.  BUT....the kid will learn to ride pretty dang quickly.  

All that said, the best way to go about it is with a balance bike (Stryder, etc.).  This allows you to sit in the lawn chain AND lets the kids learn proper balance and technique.  

2 things in our family we were pretty un-traditionally hands-on for: 1) no training wheels   2) no swim floaty's ....you ride or die in my house!  LOL!

-CJB

1 hour ago, manuels61 said:

He found some, I told him about that, that’s what I did with my kids, but he has no bike mech skills or tools so wouldn’t be able to get chain off or cranks thanks

dont need to take the chain/ crank off. Just the pedals.

52 minutes ago, CBaron said:

I've got 3 kids and we didn't use training wheels either.  I'd always said that training wheels were for the adults...they allow the adult to sit in their lawn chair while the kid pedals away (learning bad habits).  If there are no training wheels then the parent has to be DIRECTLY involved every time the kid wants to 'ride their bike'.  And truthfully, that can be a PIA being hunched over holding onto the back of the seat while shuffling down the driveway/street.  BUT....the kid will learn to ride pretty dang quickly.  

All that said, the best way to go about it is with a balance bike (Stryder, etc.).  This allows you to sit in the lawn chain AND lets the kids learn proper balance and technique.  

2 things in our family we were pretty un-traditionally hands-on for: 1) no training wheels   2) no swim floaty's ....you ride or die in my house!  LOL!

-CJB

the new method does not have the parent pushing the kid. You take the pedals off and they use it like a balance bike. They can get their balance in as soon as a day if you have a small hill they can coast down. Once they are coasting down the hill and can make turns, put the pedals back on and you are done.

You can leave the pedals on, but they get in the way of the kid pushing the bike with their feet on flat ground.

Edited by crazyt

4 hours ago, CBaron said:

-CJB

Absolutely plus one on both.   LOL.  Glad I wasn't the only one.   My son was riding his bike at a ridiculously young age.  Everyone at the park would start asking how in the world I taught him so young.   Find a nice grassy slope and let him go!

• Like 1

Diadora Jalapeno shoes
Size 39 European 6.5 US
These were the wife's. She wrecked so yea...
I wish they were in my size as I loved the pair I had. Light..airy stiff yet comfy.
No cleats
10c577dde78ddb76663e945c07a5d13d.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

My wife wrecked to so I can totally relate. Luckily I didn’t have too much invested in that little adventure!

• Like 1

Hey there, I'm a new member.  First post.  I've been riding bikes on Central Texas dirt since the 90s, but I was pretty casual about it until the last few years.  I've been lurking here for a while.. seems like a good group of people.

Anyway I've got an old 1.25" hitch rack I'd like to get rid of.  It's built solidly and gets the job done, but the main issue I had was the top tube holders could never be tightened enough and the bikes would bounce around a little.  It nicked up the paint on my top tube a bit until I added some extra padding.  I eventually just started using a ratchet strap to keep things tight on longer trips.  So not perfect, but racks aren't cheap so maybe somebody can use it..

BTW, I'm off 290W near Belterra

IMG_20200602_185643.thumb.jpg.ff8bd5c7ecc59a157d0d72dbcf3e71fe.jpg

IMG_20200602_185709.thumb.jpg.300f00d748a4b377559071f8e6cdaa45.jpg

IMG_20200602_185716.thumb.jpg.8633acd499a2199faa68ec37d892b372.jpg

6 hours ago, St.Bernardo said:

It's yours.  I'm in RR, but work South. Can meet just about whenever.

Thanks, I appreciate it. I live in SW, near where 290 and Mopac intersect. And i work out of home, so I'm pretty flexible with time. Let me know what works for you and I'll figure out how to work around it.

I have a front boost spacer kit- washers, rotor spacers, and long rotor bolts. this allows you to use a 15x100mm hub on a 15x110 boost fork without changing the dish on the rim. generic, should work on any hub or fork. I also glued the spacers to the fork for added security against losing them in a parking lot. they pried off easily and I recommend doing the same. (recently went full boost with my hub and fork, so I don't need this anymore.)

• Like 1

On 6/12/2020 at 7:07 PM, AustinBike said:

WTB single speed wheel, only holds a single gear, not a cassette. Spokes creak, needs to be rebuilt. Freewheel recently changed.

BAECD0C3-579F-40E6-A6DE-50632D49F271.jpeg

29ER?  Looks like it.  If so, I'm in for that.  And I can drop off that seatpost that you wanted that has been on my workbench.