IGNORED

Pay It Forward

On 6/15/2020 at 12:38 PM, Chris_n_atx said:

ISO - Help
Looking to Manifest a set of 29 er’ wheelset - QR - 6 bolt disc, shimano HG driver, 9x100/9x135.

I bought a 2018 Trek Marlin 6 (without wheelset) on fcbk Marketplace about 2 weeks ago. At the time, I wasnt aware of all the different options and compatibility issues. I learned the hard way getting a wheelset from a 2017 Specialized Camber, which has Thru axels which are not what I need.

Live and Learn

so if anyone can help me out, that would be great!

FFADE24C-3431-47DB-9AEC-900A0E18E035.jpeg

You should be able to "aquire" some wheels w/DTSwiss hubs (240s, 350s) and convert them to QR pretty easy. I think there are other brands that convert pretty easy also, but DT is the only ones I done conversions on.

1 hour ago, chuckt said:

You should be able to "aquire" some wheels w/DTSwiss hubs (240s, 350s) and convert them to QR pretty easy. I think there are other brands that convert pretty easy also, but DT is the only ones I done conversions on.

Yes, I just converted my DT Swiss 350 from QR to 15mm through axle. I am holding onto the caps because I might need to go back to QR one day (long story). 

Got my parts from these guys: https://www.worldwidecyclery.com

The Front Wheel is easy with an adapter but the Rear Wheel not so easy. I got these yesterday... hoping they will fit, but haven’t had time to install or verify online.

They are QR but not sure about the hub widths??? Anyone know if they will or not?

Rims/Wheels Giant GX03V 29", alloy, double wall, 21mm inner width
Hubs

Front: Giant Tracker Giant Sport QR, loose ball
Rear: Giant Tracker Giant Sport QR, loose ball

Edited by Chris_n_atx

59 minutes ago, Shinerider said:

Anybody have a 38 or 40 tooth 104 BCD front ring?  Willing to trade for it.  Have a ton of stuff.  Roadie/mtb/etc  Tell me what you need.

You looking for something beat up or something pristine? May have a chewed up 36T with some life in it

12 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

You looking for something beat up or something pristine? May have a chewed up 36T with some life in it

It would be for a singlespeed, so pristine is not an issue.  I am currently running a 42, and want to drop down a bit and save my knees on singletrack rides.  Thanks though.  Will keep you in mind, but I think 42 to 36 is too much of a jump.

Looking for 1 or preferably 2 inner chainring bolts for an old 9 speed XT triple if anyone has any laying around in their parts bin.

That is the 1 piece bolt that fastens the smallest ring to the spider.

Edited by GFisher