IGNORED

Pay It Forward

Free Ethernet tester.

OK, first off what is an Ethernet tester? It is a 2-piece unit, you connect one piece to each end of an Ethernet cable or an Ethernet run to ensure that all of the individual wires are properly terminated.

These are invaluable for tracking down “where does this cable lead” or “is there something wrong with this cable?”

Now here’s the caveat:  there is a broken pin/lead somewhere so the “cable 1” pair will never light up, so you’ll only be able to check 7 of the wires, not all 8. But if your main goal is tracking down the 2 ends of a run, this is perfectly functional.

Instead of adding it to the waste piles I’d see if anyone needed the limited functions. It’s all yours, just let me know.

Chamberlain MyQ. This mounts to your ceiling next to your garage door opener, works with most recent models. You download an app and you can then use your phone to open and close the garage. Great if you ride from your house regularly. Or if you are an old guy like me and get 2 miles away and say "did I close the garage door?"

Here is what it can do: https://www.amazon.com/Chamberlain-MYQ-G0201-MyQ-Garage-Controls-Smartphone/dp/B00EAD65UW

Works fine, we just got a new opener that has this built in so we no longer need the add-on device.

Ping me if you want it.

IMG_0190.thumb.jpeg.b1d783df73625abad32846b78cbb7c8a.jpeg

• Like 2

Just now, AustinBike said:

Chamberlain MyQ. This mounts to your ceiling next to your garage door opener, works with most recent models. You download an app and you can then use your phone to open and close the garage. Great if you ride from your house regularly. Or if you are an old guy like me and get 2 miles away and say "did I close the garage door?"

Here is what it can do: https://www.amazon.com/Chamberlain-MYQ-G0201-MyQ-Garage-Controls-Smartphone/dp/B00EAD65UW

Works fine, we just got a new opener that has this built in so we no longer need the add-on device.

Ping me if you want it.

I'm totally interested in this.

6 hours ago, AustinBike said:

Ping me if you want it.

Ditto if other person drops out

If he does not they are reasonably priced and worth their weight in gold.

In a side note, my new opener has it built in and is belt vs. chain drive. HOLY CRAP what a difference that makes. I love the quieter operation. Cost $200 for the opener and $180 fully installed. What a difference, even my wife thinks it was a great upgrade.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

In a side note, my new opener has it built in and is belt vs. chain drive. HOLY CRAP what a difference that makes. I love the quieter operation. Cost $200 for the opener and $180 fully installed. What a difference, even my wife thinks it was a great upgrade.

Yes, belt drive openers are considerably quieter.  Also, the belts last a really long time. I just replaced the one on my opener, and I think it was close to 20 years old.  And the manufacturer still covered it under warranty!

7 hours ago, AustinBike said:

I have a similar set-up but went a step farther and mounted it with rubber isolators. Helps me sneak out for early morning rides without waking up my whiney roommates. 

https://www.amazon.com/LiftMaster-Garage-Opener-Vibration-Isolator/dp/B0051H7JEC/

3 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

I have an old Genie screw drive which is quieter than the chain drive ones I've experienced but still noisy.  I think most of the noise is from the wheels on the channels.  I think that might be the next upgrade for me.

Somebody on Nextdoor gave me three Chamberlain belt drive units. Only need two. Couple years old. Want one?

Also, just upgraded my wheels to nylon rollers, that helped our belt system to be even quieter.

Edited by Mattlikesbikes
  • Like 1

Somebody on Nextdoor gave me three Chamberlain belt drive units. Only need two. Couple years old. Want one? Also, just upgraded my wheels to nylon rollers, that helped our belt system to be even quieter.

I know you offered to him but I would be very grateful for this. My unit is repaired on the regular. That is if he doesn't want since it was directed to him.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Mattlikesbikes said:

Somebody on Nextdoor gave me three Chamberlain belt drive units. Only need two. Couple years old. Want one?

Also, just upgraded my wheels to nylon rollers, that helped our belt system to be even quieter.

I've been reading reviews on newer belt drive units.  Seems like some newer ones have had some issues.  Several reviewers regret taking out their old working units.  So I'll stick with my very old screw drive (I upgraded the controller to Intellicode, and have a wireless number pad for when I go riding) but I'll put the new nylon wheels on.  Thanks for the offer!

• 2 weeks later...

Few items that are just cluttering up my workspace if anybody is interested. 

Fizik Saddle - a bit worn around the edges but totally useable. Never liked it because it would hook my baggies in the back. Maybe better suited for road / CX. 

image.thumb.png.ca1859d79ec76e625ba5e56fe2f0f970.png

image.png.23e4a5434c5670f38330ba8d31ba9906.png

CB Candy Peddles (White) - beat-up but work fine if you're into CB clipless. 

image.thumb.png.0e9adeb6d9f33035165cdb06d788af70.png

Brand-new showroom pedals. Not suitable for serious MTB but great for a kids build or cruiser. 

image.thumb.png.5fad4f8f5343260310b7ec84327ac866.png

On 5/23/2021 at 2:33 PM, throet said:

Forgot that I also have a brand-new Lenzyne right load water bottle cage. Supposed to be red but has a pinkish hew. My mistake for purchasing online unseen. Your good fortune if it suits you. 

I'd love it. My SS frame is too tight for a top load. Was about to start looking for a side load. Can grab those grips too. What beer can I bring you?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Mattlikesbikes said:

I'd love it. My SS frame is too tight for a top load. Was about to start looking for a side load. Can grab those grips too. What beer can I bring you?

No beer necessary - just happy to pay it forward! I PM'd you my address and phone number. Just text me and let me know when you want to swing by. I can leave items on front porch if I'm on calls when you decide to come by. 

Box-0-Tires - All 29”, mostly around 2.35, all in good shape and none with cuts or punctures (as I remember)!

Spin Doctor bike stand - from this thread and was going to use as wash stand, but don’t want to move it, so out it goes.

Also, if anyone here is into golf (I doubt it) I have a bunch of clubs, putters, drivers, irons, etc. going CHEAP!

IMG_5066.jpg

IMG_5067.jpg

RenderedImage.jpg