IGNORED

Pay It Forward

Nice, large Specialized BIKE SHIPPING BOX, with lots of padding!  Must pick up before Monday AM, 7/23.

Any chance you still have this? Just sold my bike last night and need to ship it early next week. 

If not then....anyone have a shipping box for medium sized enduro bike? Preferably in the northern reaches of Austin, but I won't be too picky.

Edit* picked one up from the Trek bike shop. They had 1 left in the size I needed.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, AustinBike said:

I have a pair of avid elixrs, no rotors, just levers, hydro tubes and calipers. You’ve  got first shot if you want them. I can leave them out for you.

thanks, I got antsy and ended up buying a set of shimano mt200, super low end but only $75 for the pair.

12 hours ago, crazyt said:

thanks, I got antsy and ended up buying a set of shimano mt200, super low end but only $75 for the pair.

I've had very good luck with these brakes.  I've had 2 pair of them on my kids MTB and they exceeded expectations.  So much so that I considered putting a pair on my back-up bike, Trek Stache, that I built a year ago.

Edited by CBaron

anyone have any GoPro- or Garmin-type spare mounts? my handlebar light has a Garmin interface on the bottom and came with this GoPro adapter. I'd like to mount the light higher and further forward on my handlebar, so a Garmin or GoPro interface on an extension would work.

I have a spare Wahoo mount, but that makes the light point 90° to one side, which is not very useful. the tabs on the bottom of the light head unit can be replaces with a Wahoo-oriented unit, but it cannot be rotated 90°.

799494777_ScreenShot2021-12-14at8_11_23AM.png.a5945ece33d6624c5c5d0c7ae65a1d8c.png

Edited by mack_turtle

1 hour ago, mack_turtle said:

anyone have any GoPro- or Garmin-type spare mounts? my handlebar light has a Garmin interface on the bottom and came with this GoPro adapter. I'd like to mount the light higher and further forward on my handlebar, so a Garmin or GoPro interface on an extension would work.

(I have a spare Wahoo mount, but that makes the light point 90° to one side, which is not very useful.)

799494777_ScreenShot2021-12-14at8_11_23AM.png.a5945ece33d6624c5c5d0c7ae65a1d8c.png

I have one of the old school Garmin rubber o-ring style adapters that sits right on the bar. Let me know if you need it.

8 minutes ago, AustinBike said:

I have one of the old school Garmin rubber o-ring style adapters that sits right on the bar. Let me know if you need it.

I appreciate it, but that's basically what I am using now. the light came with a nice mount that warps around a 31.8mm handlebar (and nothing narrower than that). I'm trying to extend the light up and out so it's not directly on my handlebar, where the brake hoses and front tire cast shadows on everything. I tied my hoses and dropper cable together and used a strap to get them somewhat out of the way, but the shadows are still there. I was hoping that, with the popularity of action cameras and computers, someone bought something around here that they ended up not using.

actually, a spare Garmin "out-front" mount would work too. I am aware that there are a few adapters and special mounts available from retailers that I'll buy if needed, so no suggestions are needed there. just wanted to see if I could try something that someone else already has lying around.

Edited by mack_turtle

19 minutes ago, mack_turtle said:

I appreciate it, but that's basically what I am using now. the light came with a nice mount that warps around a 31.8mm handlebar (and nothing narrower than that). I'm trying to extend the light up and out so it's not directly on my handlebar, where the brake hoses and front tire cast shadows on everything. I tied my hoses and dropper cable together and used a strap to get them somewhat out of the way, but the shadows are still there. I was hoping that, with the popularity of action cameras and computers, someone bought something around here that they ended up not using.

actually, a spare Garmin "out-front" mount would work too. I am aware that there are a few adapters and special mounts available from retailers that I'll buy if needed, so no suggestions are needed there. just wanted to see if I could try something that someone else already has lying around.

Let me see if I have one of those.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2021 at 8:14 AM, mack_turtle said:

I have a spare Wahoo mount, but that makes the light point 90° to one side, which is not very useful. the tabs on the bottom of the light head unit can be replaces with a Wahoo-oriented unit, but it cannot be rotated 90°.

Not sure if you got everything you needed, but I have this GoPro handlebar mount and related accessories that I used only once. Free for the taking if needed. 
image.thumb.png.3a0e3e84bf0c60f2bd43de303a7d838a.png

Edited by throet
  • Like 1