IGNORED

Pay It Forward

Free to a good home:  One brand-new Avid hydraulic hose kit, one unopened bottle of 5.1 DOT brake fluid, one open bottle with about 2/3 remaining, an Avid bleed kit with an assortment of plungers and parts, and 6 sets of pads that fit Codes, some marked 2011+ and others are unmarked, compatibility unknown.

My old Codes gave up the ghost a while ago, switched to Paul Klamper cable discs on all my bikes. Hoping someone can put this stuff to use.

69069366523__CFE72D43-5907-4B78-9DCC-6844EC842646.jpeg

69069406530__D5810683-FEBE-4F07-B24C-6EC5F95F1E51.jpeg

• Like 2

On 11/20/2022 at 9:31 PM, cutter said:

Free to a good home:  One brand-new Avid hydraulic hose kit, one unopened bottle of 5.1 DOT brake fluid, one open bottle with about 2/3 remaining, an Avid bleed kit with an assortment of plungers and parts, and 6 sets of pads that fit Codes, some marked 2011+ and others are unmarked, compatibility unknown.

My old Codes gave up the ghost a while ago, switched to Paul Klamper cable discs on all my bikes. Hoping someone can put this stuff to use.

69069366523__CFE72D43-5907-4B78-9DCC-6844EC842646.jpeg

69069406530__D5810683-FEBE-4F07-B24C-6EC5F95F1E51.jpeg

image.png.bc12d9ba4f8f7158ccb68752326fe3a9.png

Edited by cutter

Random tires I need to clear out. I make no guarantees that these tires will seal up perfect on first try. I recommend mounting them dry first (that's not what she said!) to see if they have any punctures that need to be patched up. Full disclosure: I found most of these tires at the curb along with some other large items at an Austin residence. Someone didn't want them, but also knew they would be too useful to someone to throw them in the trash can.

• Conti X-King 29x2.2 missing a few lugs, as Conti tires do
  • Maxxis Ikon 29x2.2
  • Kenda Flintridge Pro 700x40, seems to have a wobble in the casing that only matters if you look at it
  • Vittoria Terreno Dry 700x40
  • Panaracer Graveling slick 700x38, tanwall. probably measures out to a 40mm tire
  • WTB Nano 700x40, has some wear and at least two patches glued in it
  • WTB Cross Boss 700x35
  • Schwalbe G-One 700x38? weird Euro sizing labels this a 28x1.5. wtf Schwalbe? it's a free tire.

I'm in southwest Austin, not far from ATX Bikes. I can leave any tires that interest you outside my house, or meet up if it happens to match my schedule some day.

• 3 weeks later...

This (empty!) bike box has been sitting in my foyer for a year.  The designers created something that kids (or adults) might like to color.  If you have a houseful of younger kids and it's too cold for them to go outside -- nice project.  Alternately, use it for its intended purpose.  Otherwise it will be recycled in about two weeks (our next recycling day).

In north Austin close to Walnut Creek Park. Respond below if you're interested and I'll message you the address. 

This is one side, there's an equally detailed but different design on the other side. 

HudskiBox2.thumb.jpg.66d2fd568561eef270ef9796b5022606.jpg

Edited by June Bug

The 'ol lady and I are headed Tulsa way in a few weeks. Does anyone want to get into smoking on the cheap? Our combo grill has served us super well over the years, but we want to upgrade to a heavy gauge dedicated smoker after we move (since OK doesn't have BBQ at all) and would like to pay this one forward. The Texas Trio is a little over 3 years old, and needs about $85 in replacement parts to get back into good operational condition. So that plus picking it up is what it'll cost you. Presumably we're doing our last smoke today with our first attempt at pork belly burnt ends!

The Texas Trio goes for about $630 at Home Depot. It's an offset smoker, charcoal grill, gas grill, with a gas side burner. It should have been called the Texas Quatro, but that doesn't alliterate. The charcoal grill side is just big enough to smoke a decent size brisket. 

Here's how those pork belly burnt ends are going: 

image.thumb.png.fe7a7954b01d5fa69b810f64ea6a9419.png

The exterior has a few heavy rust spots. A smart man would just Scotch Brite them down and add some high temperature paint to it. Photos taken during today's smoke.

image.thumb.png.00c9e4123ff14f2f073c4e1e1795aaa8.png

The entire smoker drawer assembly needs to be replaced:

image.thumb.png.601b37ad0df5b9ed2396223416779407.png

Here is the website for the replacement parts: https://www.chargriller.com/pages/3070-parts-page-1

I reckon at a minimum you'll need:

- The smoker drawer assembly, #s 9, 10, 11, 12 & 13.

- A drip pan, # 31.

- 3 new heat tents for the gas side, # 31.

Maybe a few other parts here and there, but this will get it into good operational order. 

You'll also need a truck, or van or a trailer to pick it up. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

to give: used, hard, black bar tape. I had this Arundel bar tape on my gravel bike, but I didn't like the hard texture. It might not make good bar tape, but because it's so tough, I thought someone might want to wrap their drive-side chainstay in it, or wrap the handle of a tool for a little extra grip.

Edited by mack_turtle

• 6 months later...

Free: men's size 10.5  Five Ten Free Rider Contact shoes

Mr. June Bug got a pair of over a year or two (three?) ago and they are just the tiniest bit too short, so he used them for a ride or two and that's it.  These are the kind with a smooth sole. 

Spread the word to anyone who might need them. 

DM me and we can meet you at Walnut Creek Metro Park. 

On 7/25/2023 at 11:44 AM, June Bug said:

Free: men's size 10.5  Five Ten Free Rider Contact shoes

Mr. June Bug got a pair of over a year or two (three?) ago and they are just the tiniest bit too short, so he used them for a ride or two and that's it.  These are the kind with a smooth sole. 

Spread the word to anyone who might need them. 

DM me and we can meet you at Walnut Creek Metro Park. 

I'd love to try them, should be the right size for me. I've been meaning to try and make the jump from tennis shoes to real MTB shoes. 

• Like 1