IGNORED

Brushy Creek - Fri Mornings

throet

This has been an informal group ride generally starting from the YMCA or the 183A overpass at 7:30AM. We mix up the routes using combinations of Snail, Rim, Picnic, Deception, and Peddlers. Definitely not a beginner friendly ride, but comfortable pace with a few stops over a couple of hours. Message me if you're interested in more details.  

Edited by throet
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, HoneyBadger said:

I'd like to join you in the morning. I could meet you guys is 8:00am. Is there a point I could meet you guys at along your route? 

How about meeting over by mulligan around 8? We can just work our way over there. 

Awesome, glad you had a great ride today!  And kudos for helping the injured rider you encountered.  I don't know what it is about Brushy Creek, but twice now I've encountered riders who were bleeding, one quite profusely (which was scary and required calling an ambulance), both on Deception. 

On 8/24/2018 at 10:21 AM, throet said:

This has been an informal group ride generally starting from the YMCA or the 183A overpass at 7:30AM. We mix up the routes using combinations of Snail, Rim, Picnic, Deception, and Peddlers. Definitely not a beginner friendly ride, but comfortable pace with a few stops over a couple of hours. Message me if you're interested in more details.  

I dont even have to ask about tomorrow morning do I?

MAYBE instead I can bust out my Klunker and ride the path from the Y to points North and back. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

I dont even have to ask about tomorrow morning do I?

MAYBE instead I can bust out my Klunker and ride the path from the Y to points North and back. 

No I think Brushy is out for sure, and we might even get more rain today. Not sure about the rest of you, but I'd probably be down for an early AM trip out to RPR in lieu of our regular Brushy ride. We'd have to call and get clearance in advance since officially they don't open the gates until like 4pm. However, I've heard informally that they are generally there and open to riding all day on Fridays. Alternatively, we could take a run over to CP and ride a cautious lap or two there.  

6 hours ago, throet said:

No I think Brushy is out for sure, and we might even get more rain today. Not sure about the rest of you, but I'd probably be down for an early AM trip out to RPR in lieu of our regular Brushy ride. We'd have to call and get clearance in advance since officially they don't open the gates until like 4pm. However, I've heard informally that they are generally there and open to riding all day on Fridays. Alternatively, we could take a run over to CP and ride a cautious lap or two there.  

Says the retired guy 🙂 I still gotta hit work. I maybe might be bring my non mt bike klunker beast and just do a casual ride on the concrete path 

1 hour ago, Cafeend said:

Says the retired guy 🙂 I still gotta hit work. I maybe might be bring my non mt bike klunker beast and just do a casual ride on the concrete path 

Ha I'm taking advantage while I can, since I'll probably have to go back to work eventually. I'm working on a deal now with a start-up and they're talking about an 18-month "lockdown" development period. That doesn't sound good at all! At my age, you never know even when you've got 18 months of riding left in you, although I'm shooting for another five years.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Schrute said:

Rpr is closed this weekend I think. Might want to check into that

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Thanks for the heads up. It does appear from their website that they are closed Sep 15-16 for a shooting event but I may call up there to see if they will be open to public riding this afternoon. 

• Like 1