IGNORED

Brushy Creek - Fri Mornings

throet

I haven't scoped anything out yet, but with 3 inches of rain over 3 days, the Brushy trails are probably going to still be pretty wet. I'll try to get out this afternoon and check things out though. In the event that the trails are still too wet, would anybody be interested in heading up to RPR tomorrow morning instead? Although they don't officially open until late afternoon, I've heard that if you call ahead they will let you get started early. 

We're ON for tomorrow assuming there is enough interest! We'll want to confine our ride to Snail, Rim, Deception, and Picnic, but with morning temps in the 50s, we'll be able to push some serious miles! Please respond with start time preferences. @Cafeend has already declared a 7:30 start time. We normally meet at the 183A Trailhead, but can pick up additional riders later over at the Sport Park. 

@Cafeend and @Chief great ride this morning despite the cool temps and slick morning dew. Ran into @X-Ray on Double Down after you guys dropped. He had intended on joining us but thought the start was at 8:30. Anyway, we ended up riding a good bit and the trails definitely improved as the sun started coming up. Might be tough to do for you working stiffs, but a later start would probably make for better riding with these cold mornings. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, throet said:

I rode Double Down, 1/4 Notch, and Rim today and all were OK for anybody trying to go out in the morning. I'm out for this week though due to other commitments. 

Yeah I rode 1/4 Notch and Double Down yesterday too. Trails were good weather was even better. At 40 degrees in the morning the temps are below my threshold.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Should be a great morning for riding this Fri! I say we do an 8am start from the 183A overpass - anybody else in for this week! 

Could be my last Fri morning ride for a while as I messed up and got a job. After 8 months sabbatical, I'm finally going back to work, which means I should probably start shopping for a new bike. 

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Gonna try and kick this thing off again for anybody interested in riding Brushy Creek on Fri mornings. Setting start time for 8AM initially, at least until the time changes. After the time change perhaps we can start at 7am or 7:30 to accommodate those who need to get to jump on a 9am call. Same meeting place as before, the section of the Regional Trail where 183A passes over. For those driving to the ride, convenient parking at either the YMCA or the 183A Trailhead parking lot.

@WLemke is confirmed for 10/16. Believe @Chief is without a bike still but I could bring an extra if interested. @Morris @Cafeend @HoneyBadger @WhoAmI @X-Ray have all been participants in the past as well. Pace can be whatever suits the group. Speedsters like HoneyBadger and WhoAmI can of course just ride ahead and let the rest of us catch up - or not. If the group grows big enough we can split up.  

2 hours ago, throet said:

Gonna try and kick this thing off again for anybody interested in riding Brushy Creek on Fri mornings. Setting start time for 8AM initially, at least until the time changes. After the time change perhaps we can start at 7am or 7:30 to accommodate those who need to get to jump on a 9am call. Same meeting place as before, the section of the Regional Trail where 183A passes over. For those driving to the ride, convenient parking at either the YMCA or the 183A Trailhead parking lot.

@WLemke is confirmed for 10/16. Believe @Chief is without a bike still but I could bring an extra if interested. @Morris @Cafeend @HoneyBadger @WhoAmI @X-Ray have all been participants in the past as well. Pace can be whatever suits the group. Speedsters like HoneyBadger and WhoAmI can of course just ride ahead and let the rest of us catch up - or not. If the group grows big enough we can split up.  

Sounds good. Just got confirmation of new frame shipping today. Couldn't get the color I wanted but considering the current bike market I'll take what I can get. I'll let you know.

30 minutes ago, throet said:

As in I should bring an extra bike for you tomorrow? Or just sounds good that we are starting the ride back up? 

Appreciate the extra bike offer. I'll wait until my new one is built up. I'm expecting it to arrive early next week . I need to swap hubs on my wheels and then assemble it. I could possibly be ready for next Friday. The following Friday for sure.

• Like 1

Getting a medium Rascal in Sedona Red. I like the red but it wasn't my first choice as it looks too much like a UT bike. I wanted the T1000 silver. Some decal graphics should help with that. UT is already getting enough of my money I don't need to passively support them. Don't really like any traditional sports so no hurt feelings. 

It seems almost impossible to get any worthwhile bike parts lately. Like ATXZJ posted anything that's available is probably something you don't really want. 

• Like 2