IGNORED

Brushy Creek - Fri Mornings

throet

17 hours ago, throet said:

Gonna try and kick this thing off again for anybody interested in riding Brushy Creek on Fri mornings. Setting start time for 8AM initially, at least until the time changes. After the time change perhaps we can start at 7am or 7:30 to accommodate those who need to get to jump on a 9am call. Same meeting place as before, the section of the Regional Trail where 183A passes over. For those driving to the ride, convenient parking at either the YMCA or the 183A Trailhead parking lot.

Well I went out for an easy ride yesterday evening, and for the first time in hundreds of rides logged at BC, I ended up in a head-on collision on 1/4 Notch. Thought I got lucky with just some scrapes and bruises, but unfortunately my thigh took some blunt force trauma and is now incredibly painful and swollen, probably in part to me being on blood thinners. Needless to say I'm out for this morning. @WLemke I'm really sorry for now having had to back out two weeks in a row - definitely not like me to do that. 

Edited by throet
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, throet said:

Well I went out for an easy ride yesterday evening, and for the first time in hundreds of rides logged at BC, I ended up in a head-on collision on 1/4 Notch. Thought I got lucky with just some scrapes and bruises, but unfortunately my thigh took some blunt force trauma and is now incredibly painful and swollen, probably in part to me being on blood thinners. Needless to say I'm out for this morning. @WLemke I'm really sorry for now having had to back out two weeks in a row - definitely not like me to do that. 

That sucks dude. I haven't ridden 1/4 Notch since May. Was out there with Morris and had a couple of close head ons. Hope it's nothing serious. Heal up and we'll ride in a couple of weeks. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, throet said:

No problem at all. Here's to a quick recovery!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, throet said:

I hope it wasnt the leg you jacked up last year?   I am trying to figure how to get rolling in the AM for this ride , Fridays shouldnt be bad though. Ive been hitting evenings going into night time. Love me some night rides

Anyways,, hope you are all right 

31 minutes ago, Cafeend said:

I hope it wasnt the leg you jacked up last year?   I am trying to figure how to get rolling in the AM for this ride , Fridays shouldnt be bad though. Ive been hitting evenings going into night time. Love me some night rides

Anyways,, hope you are all right 

Yep it's the same leg, but not near as serious as last year's injury. Just following RICE treatment and hope to see you out there in a couple of weeks.   

[mention=443]WLemke[/mention] Are you willing to see if third time is a charm? The leg is still a little tender but my movement on the elliptical this morning was uninhibited. Thinking I can give it a go in the morning! 

Glad to hear your leg has made a speedy recovery. I’m down to ride. 8am?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, skinned elbows said:

I may try to get in on this depending on if I have to take kid to school or not

Sent from my SM-A115AZ using Tapatalk

Sounds good. I'll PM you with my cell number in case you can't start at 8 but want to meet up with us a little later. It's easy enough to create a route the would bring us close to one of the parking areas. 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...