IGNORED

Brushy Creek - Fri Mornings

throet

On ‎9‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 6:50 AM, Chief said:

If the trails are good so am I.....maybe. Two weeks off the bike is gonna hurt:)

With Friday starting to look questionable with more rain possibly moving in tomorrow night, I'm going to get a ride in tomorrow (Thu) morning if anybody is interested in joining. I'll ride Fri morning as well if conditions permit. 

I need to have someone look at my drivetrain on my mountain bike, the chain is getting thrown between the big cog and the spokes in the back sometimes (especially on rocky terrain, and usually when I'm climbing since I'm often in that gear), and it's also jumping from the big ring in the front to the smaller ring.  Even on Walnut today this was a big pain in the ass.  Going to bring it to Peddler's tomorrow and see if they can fix what another shop screwed up when they put on a new cassette, rear derailleur and chain. 

So, don't really want to ride (especially) Brushy Creek with those issues until I get it fixed.  If you guys go out tomorrow, have fun!  

..Al

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, AntonioGG said:

New everything but the same chain ring?

Yeah, both chain rings on the front are the same, but perhaps the big ring should have been replaced as well, after I looked at it more carefully.  It definitely gets smashed into stuff occasionally.  I don't use the granny gear too often.  Except when climbing Courtyard, City Park, Jester and Yaupon. 

..Al

1 hour ago, throet said:

@Chief @Cafeend if either of you guys are in tomorrow I can still meet you at 183A at 7:30. We can then work our way over to Mulligan for 8. 

I might be able to meet at the 183A trail head at 7:30. If you see a maroon Ford Edge with a black Yeti, that's me.  Otherwise, I'll be at Mulligan.

Edited by WhoAmI